Hello fellow iphone friends. Thanks to this greate community, I have a full functioning unlocked iphone v1.1.2 thank you so much.

Now, I read few other posts where people "accidentally" hid installer and customize icons. I have no dock or any other apps to fix it, but i have ssh. I read that u can edit M68AP.plist file to add the installer icon? well I got the file from my iphone and I really have no idea how to add the icon. Can someone please write me the code to add the installer.app? Thanks in advance.
    2007-12-05 11:55 PM
    You can only show the icon if you have Installer.app already installed.

If you look in /Applications, do you have an Installer.app folder?

If yes, you need to verify that Installer.app is not listed in the Special section in the plist.

If it is, remove that item. (You need to follow the XML to remove it properly.)
    2007-12-06 05:28 AM
    yes it installer.app is installed and hidden and I have also checked the plist file and this is the only part that has the word "installer" in it

</dict>
    <dict>
    <key>displayIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.apptapp.Installer</string>
    and yes i have installer.app in my applications folder. I just need help editing the plist file so i can get the installer icon back. thanks again
    2007-12-06 09:22 AM
    You should see a section like this:
    <key>special</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.springboard</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apptapp.Installer</string>
    </dict>

You need to remove everything from <dict> to </dict> (including those lines - four lines total) that contain apptapp.Installer.

The special section is what hides apps, and each entry identifies an app to hide.
    2007-12-07 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD