"When is this going to be on installer"
    "Can you put this on installer"
    "Why isn't this on installer yet"
    "Is there an installer source for this"
    "When will this be on an installer source"
    "Somebody needs to put this on installer"
    "This need to be put on installer"

is driving me nuts.

Why can't people do anything on their own? It's really annoying. If they would take 2 minutes to read how to ssh they could put things on their phones themselves, but no everything has to be spoon fed to them through installer. And this is about 75% of the people here.

It literally takes about 60 seconds to put an app or theme on the phone manually which is about the same time it takes to open installer, refresh, find it, and install it.

Come on people. SHUT UP about having things on installer. Please.
    Last edited by Jasper44; 2007-12-11 at 09:22 AM.
    2007-12-11 09:20 AM
    I see where you are coming from, and it isn't hard to manually install things.
    The reason I prefer installer is 1, for its convenience, but also 2 that it tells me when an app or theme is updated. I don't have to constantly check every single thread about every program I have installed to see when it has been updated.

Now as far as people complaining about apps not being on installer, yes it is a little annoying and I'm sure every developer already knows that they should try to put their apps up on an installer repository to distribute it further, so yes you are right and have a point.

But I still love installer, and for many of the users out there, it is the only way to add apps. My friend, for example, went to the jailbreak me website (1.1.1) and got installer, and she has no clue that theres any other way to do things. She of course isn't roaming the forums tho.

Anyways, long story short, installer is a great timesaver and has become almost necessary to many users, but I do see where you are coming from as well.
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."
    2007-12-11 09:31 AM
    I'm all for installer. I use it for everything that I can because that way you know when it's updated. My gripe is that when a new app or theme is posted half of the responses will be something about installer.

All you have to do is manually install it and when it becomes available on installer, install it again.

The hounding for everything to instantly be available on installer is getting out of hand. And a lot of people aren't even asking for stuff to be on installer, they are actually legitimately complaining if it's not.
    Last edited by Jasper44; 2007-12-11 at 09:46 AM.
    2007-12-11 09:40 AM
    shut up, no one is making you read them
    2007-12-11 09:46 AM
    shut up, no one is making you read them
    I take it you're one of those people. Yes, actually they are making me read them because I go through and READ the forum so I can help people and answer their questions. I can't do that without reading the forum, can I? Thank you though, for your intelligent reply.
    2007-12-11 09:51 AM
    Amen. Alas, we live in a society where most people, dare I say, EXPECT everything to be spoon fed to them.
    Search NAZI
    2007-12-11 10:03 AM
    I'm very new on this forum, but yet still use SSH to put everything on the phone, I've even got my girlfriend doing it. But saying, that, I think you're being harsh. "SHUT UP" and SSH your stuff can't be a good way to encourage people that there is another way (which happens to be less convenient, but still effective)
    2007-12-11 10:33 AM
    I could'nt find this thread on installer!! Is this thread going to be available for download via installer? If so, when can I expect to see this as an installer source??
    2007-12-11 10:58 AM
    Slap yourself.
    Search NAZI
    2007-12-11 11:04 AM
    NOOBS!!!!!!!! haha, people do need to learn to do things for themselves though..
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    2007-12-11 11:24 AM
    i got an idea you should make a guide so people can learn how to do it your way! and without wifi!
    2007-12-11 11:31 PM
    I could'nt find this thread on installer!! Is this thread going to be available for download via installer? If so, when can I expect to see this as an installer source??
    Sorry, been busy. I should have this thread on the MMi source by tonight.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-12-12 12:30 AM
    Sorry, been busy. I should have this thread on the MMi source by tonight.
    Oh that is too funny. I needed that laugh.

Back to the point of the thread, I do agree that people should learn to do this stuff without installer. Before I got my iPhone, I knew ZERO about any of this. I had no idea what SSH was, had never even opened my terminal. Themes and apps are constantly coming out, and I don't want to be at the mercy of installer to get them and use them, so I learned very quickly to use SSH. I learned everything that I know about modding my iPhone from this forum. You can find the answers if you search and read. It does take time, granted, as there seems to be many different threads on one topic, but if you take the time to look, you'll find the answers you need and won't be at the mercy of installer for long!
    2007-12-12 12:52 AM
    Please note that not everyone has access to a computer at home. So wi-fi/installer is the best way for them to get anything. But this statement is not supporting those who post here asking for things. I'm just saying installer is still the most convenient way to do things.

Also, of the 75,000+ members, i find that there are only a few hundred posts a day on the entire forum. So it would seem this forum make look dead without the posts asking for help.

Remember to look through their eyes, not everyone is very smart with computers. My brother has trouble turning his on if it doesn't work the first time.
    2007-12-12 02:06 AM
    But that's what this forum is for. There are plenty of guides describing specifically how to add themes and so forth manually. You can use SSH, or a regular file browser. If the kids who whine about waiting for the installer source would take that wait time and actually read the guides. There would be less whining, therefore a cleaner and happier forum.

Reako
    2007-12-12 05:36 AM
    I take it you're one of those people. Yes, actually they are making me read them because I go through and READ the forum so I can help people and answer their questions. I can't do that without reading the forum, can I? Thank you though, for your intelligent reply.
    haha oh wow. if that's too big of a problem for you, then ignore the posts genius. of course people will want it on installer because it is easier. not everyone could be bothered to learn ssh, however easy it may seem to be.

SUMMARY: shut the **** up, and stop trying to be a forum super hero.
    2007-12-12 06:22 AM
    Hand and foot... nuff said.
    Search NAZI
    2007-12-12 06:26 AM
    haha oh wow. if that's too big of a problem for you, then ignore the posts genius. of course people will want it on installer because it is easier. not everyone could be bothered to learn ssh, however easy it may seem to be.

SUMMARY: shut the **** up, and stop trying to be a forum super hero.
    Not be bothered? We make guides after guides to help you out kiddo.. And yet you newbies still continue to find something to cry about. Of course this forum is to help all, and I try my best to at all times, but sometimes you need to do things on your own. It's just maturity, even on forums.

Reako
    2007-12-12 06:50 AM
    I am not one of those people asking to put everything on installer, but installer is all I use. From the guides I have read, and threads I have serached, on a 1.1.1 phone, installer is all that I can use. Without a wifi connection to my computer to ssh and winscp on my iphone installer is my only option right?

I'm not condoning their actions but perhaps that could be a reason.
    2007-12-12 07:37 AM
    I am not one of those people asking to put everything on installer, but installer is all I use. From the guides I have read, and threads I have serached, on a 1.1.1 phone, installer is all that I can use. Without a wifi connection to my computer to ssh and winscp on my iphone installer is my only option right?

I'm not condoning their actions but perhaps that could be a reason.
    I'm not saying people shouldn't use installer. I'm saying that it's gotten to the point where people are angry if a theme or app isn't on installer and they demand for it to be put on installer.

Also, when something new is posted it's a guarantee that someone will ask, "is this on installer?" If it was on installer the poster would say so, so if they didn't say so then obviously no.

I wasn't trying to start a massive argument, I was just going on a little rant. I'm allowed to post about anything in the Chit Chat forum so I did. Oh man, that just got me thinking about how 90% of the new people refuse to post in the right section...but I'll just leave that one alone. And I'm not going to reward hanz0e with a reply, that would be pointless.
    2007-12-12 07:52 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD