I'm having problems with installer.

Half the time it works and half the time it doesn't.

The problem I'm having is when I'm trying to install some apps it will download, and then with an empty installing progress bar it exits to the home screen.

Any ideas?
    2008-01-10 07:23 AM
    i had the same problem lately and sometimes the apps actually appear on the springboard and they appear as not installed on installer... I have to admit that i restored it today now i'm not having this problem yet
    2008-01-10 07:34 AM
    The same thing is happening to y installer too. I have 82 apps on my homescreen and im running 1.1.2 . I restored my phone a week ago because i was having those problems with my installer crashing. Once again, after i get a lot of apps on my phone, My installer is crashing again. Is there a way to stop this? I sure do hope so becuse I do not feel like restoring again.
    2008-01-10 07:59 AM
    yeah hopefully there is an update to installer soon thAt will fix it. I don't want to restore.
    2008-01-10 03:06 PM
    The problem IS NOT with Installer reference this post

You can throw blame around all you want but Installer app works just fine. Perhaps it would help if you posted the app you're having problems with and the source that it's on.
    2008-01-10 10:56 PM
    Thanks man! I'll try reinstalling all my sources and see what that does. That makes a lot of since though!

You were right! Reinstalled sources and fixed my problem! Thanked btw!!!
    2008-01-13 08:09 AM
    Nope, this is not a problem with installer and it is not the fault of the sources. You guys are out of hard disk space on your small disk partition. Most people don't even know this is possible since iTunes might say you have 3 gb free or something. It's irrelevant. You get about 50mb to install apps on a clean 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 install. The only fix is to move the applications folder. Here is a post on the easiest way to accomplish it:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...light=bosstool
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.
    2008-01-13 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD