I was recently prompted to update installer.app and when i did so the application automatically closed and everytime there after that i tried to open it, it would just close. I used cyberduck to delete the installer.app folder and i re-installed it just fine. My only problem is that it is an older version of installer and when i am prompted to update to version 3 it downloads fine but when it tries to install i get the error of "error during install script execution!" I really don't want to restore my phone so im hoping i can get this fixed. Does anyone have the new version of installer in manual install format or do you now why im getting this error? Thanks for the help
    2008-01-21 07:34 PM
    Yeah, I'm having this problem too!
    2008-01-21 10:08 PM
    Add me to the list... whatever they put in this update kills Installer... not cool at all...
    2008-01-21 10:12 PM
    And me :s
    2008-01-21 10:26 PM
    I uploaded the newest one, SSH it to your phone!

http://rapidshare.com/files/85531099/Installer.app.rar
    Last edited by Goldsun1715; 2008-01-21 at 10:49 PM.
    2008-01-21 10:45 PM

Thanks for the file Goldsun. Unfortunately it didn't fix the issue for me. It still does the same thing except now it takes longer to 'crash'

I removed Installer.app from my Application directory, rebooted the phone, then put your copy in. No luck.

Did I miss any steps? Frustrating that I just can't reinstall it...
    2008-01-21 11:05 PM

You are a life saver, thank you. Deleted the installer.app i had on there, SSH'ed the one you uploaded, and then updated to the newest version with no problems. You definitely saved me a lot of time. Thank again
    2008-01-22 04:19 AM
    same here, I just downloaded the installer.app, later just SSH the file that was 0KB in the phone and then just updated with no problems, what I did before this was to Boss move my files, because the problem with my installer.app was a space issue.
    2008-01-22 12:57 PM
    Hmmm.. I used iPhoneBrowser to delete the directory and copy the version here over... should I have used a different way to do it?
    2008-01-22 04:26 PM
    Hmmm.. I used iPhoneBrowser to delete the directory and copy the version here over... should I have used a different way to do it?
    I'm not saying that my way is the correct one, but what I did was SSH the files with Filezila into the Application folder on my Iphone.
    You need a WIFI connection, filezile (free), the installer.app and an Iphone.

first install Filezilla, enable SSH and WIFI on your Iphone, check your IP on your Iphone. Go to Filezilla and select SSH connection, put the IP, port (leave it alone), user root and password alpine (for me at least), then press connect. Now you just have to move or copy the installer.app folder to your application folder on your Iphone.

restart your Iphone and that should do it, at least it did for me.

bytes
    2008-01-22 06:17 PM
    im still having the problem after the manual install as wel.

does any1 have the old installer.app (the one before the update) i was thinking that could work

thanks
    2008-01-22 09:18 PM
    i am having the same problem and cant figure this out for the life of me. Im really lost.
    2008-01-23 02:38 AM
    Try setting permissions
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ng+permissions
    2008-01-23 02:46 AM
    I tried that but my installer.app will still not open.

im very new to all this when you say ssh what are u talking about? also how do i delete the installer.app i have now?
    Last edited by slvrf150fx405; 2008-01-23 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-23 03:49 AM
    changed the permissions through winscp and it works perferctly

broomhead your a legand :P
    Last edited by deck; 2008-01-23 at 08:18 AM.
    2008-01-23 07:59 AM
    How do you change the permissions through winscp ?
    2008-01-23 02:38 PM
    I was recently prompted to update installer.app and when i did so the application automatically closed and everytime there after that i tried to open it, it would just close. I used cyberduck to delete the installer.app folder and i re-installed it just fine. My only problem is that it is an older version of installer and when i am prompted to update to version 3 it downloads fine but when it tries to install i get the error of "error during install script execution!" I really don't want to restore my phone so im hoping i can get this fixed. Does anyone have the new version of installer in manual install format or do you now why im getting this error? Thanks for the help
    don't pay anybody to unlock your iphone I have the steps to unlock iphone 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 see also 1.1.3 http://vomoco.blogspot.com/
    I hope it helps
    2008-01-23 11:00 PM
    thanks for everyones help with this but i am still having problems with installer.app i cant make it work. any other help would be great.
    2008-01-24 01:40 AM
    This instruct helped me fix it. First I had to install OpenSSH on my phone. I used Independence for that (I foolishly must've deleted it some time ago)... Then followed these directions....

http://www.hackthatphone.com/112/iph...stall_mac.html

At first it didn't work. "Overwriting" didn't fix it for me (it might work for you), but I ended up entirely removing Installer from the iPhone completely, then installing it manually via the above.

Hope this helps.
    2008-01-24 04:03 AM
    meagain your link would be helpful if everyone used a mac, but unfortunately not all of us do. i think the most helpful thing right now would be for somebody to post a dl link for squid so we can just change the permissions, im having the same problems, and ive spent the last like 4 hours looking online for a dl link for squid unsuccesfully, maybe im just an idiot and am not looking in the right places, but a link right now would be very helpful.
    2008-01-26 09:28 AM
22 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD