I have an iPhone 1.1.2 and have the latest installer 3.0. There are lots of modifications for our 3rd party apps such as summerboard, customise and more recently now, voicenotes and sendsong.

I refreshed my installer hoping for something new for my to update or install... and now I have 2 files on my update tab (voicenotes and sendsong) but they are for 1.1.3! I tried installing them but say its for 1.1.3 as expected but now I do not know how to get rid of them in my update tab. Everytime I go to my home screen there is a red dot on the installer saying 2! Its pretty annoying...

Is there a way to fix this?
    2008-02-03 10:16 AM
    I have not seen a way to do this other then faking the installer in thinking that those apps are not installed.
    Have you looked in the /var/mobile/Library/Installer folder? You might be able to make some changes to the LocalPackages.plist
    Last edited by y0haan; 2008-02-03 at 11:55 AM.
    2008-02-03 10:34 AM
    I have not seen a way to do this other then faking the installer in thinking that those apps are not installed.
    Have you looked in the /var/mobile/Library/Installer folder? You might be able to make some changes to the LocalPackages.plist
    So, do you have the problem as well coz sengsong and voicenotes are popular apps... so.. what would i change in the localpackages.plist?
    2008-02-03 01:24 PM
    You can get rid of that annoying red dot if you first install SysInfo from Installer. In it there is a button to reload the Springboard. Do it. The red dot will be gone until the next time you visit Installer.
    2008-02-03 03:17 PM
    Yeah i got rid of it... all i did was reset my springboard with summerboard. I think you can get rid of it as long as you just restart the springboard... i think I also got rid of it by installing sysinfo. Thanks guys!
    2008-02-04 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD