This should fix any problems with installer not working what it does is download the latest installer.app from the website and put that on the phone and set the correct permissions
    Can fix the main execution error in installer

Type each code on a seperate line:-
    cd /
    cd Applications/
    wget "http://repository.apptapp.com/packages/System/Installer.zip" - remove " " from the URL
    rm -rf Installer.app
    unzip Installer.zip
    chmod +s Installer.app/Installer
    chown -R root:wheel Installer.app
    rm Installer.zip
    Restart phone and everything should work fine
    Last edited by sadamx; 2008-02-04 at 10:32 PM.
    2008-02-03 01:46 PM
    does this work 4 iTouch and where do u type in commands, and what program, thanks
    2008-02-04 10:36 PM
    does this work 4 iTouch and where do u type in commands, and what program, thanks
    Hi it should work on the itouch
    if u got windows use "putty" it connects to your phone via wifi so you need ssh on your phone ( mite be a bit hard if you havnt already got it and your installer doesnt work. if you have problems with that let me no and i will link you to the right place )
    copy each line into putty and once done should be good to go after restart
    2008-02-04 10:47 PM
    Is this the solution for the execution failed error? Which you get when you try to install something from the installer??

Because I thought that moving the location of the apps...etc to the /var solution would work but that didn't, so I'm hoping this will work.
    Thanks in advance....

icem8n
    2008-02-05 12:32 PM
    Thanks for the tip, but it didn't resolve my problem. Every time i try to install a app it takes very long for the downloading part to even begin, if it begins at all. I get timed-out error every time (This is only after upgrading to 1.1.3).
    2008-02-05 05:10 PM
    Where do I go to type this code into? Do you type it into the phone itself?
    2008-02-06 05:41 AM
    You need to use a terminal program like Putty (Windows).
    2008-02-06 01:59 PM
    You fixed me Thanx
    This should fix any problems with installer not working what it does is download the latest installer.app from the website and put that on the phone and set the correct permissions

2008-02-06 04:35 PM
    Yea, this did not work for me. I am still on 3.0 not 3.0b10
    Chris 'cWanja' Wanja
    [email protected]
     Apple Genius - Retail
    Do not forget to "thank me" for helping!
    2008-02-06 11:05 PM
    can you give instructions to try this using mac? thank you
    2008-02-08 04:12 PM
    Hi it should work on the itouch
    if u got windows use "putty" it connects to your phone via wifi so you need ssh on your phone ( mite be a bit hard if you havnt already got it and your installer doesnt work. if you have problems with that let me no and i will link you to the right place )
    copy each line into putty and once done should be good to go after restart
    Hi I have the problem you mention above, which is that my installer doesn't work and I don't have ssh in place.

Can you link me to the right place to solve it?

thank you very much

martek
    2008-02-09 02:25 PM
    Using Terminal on my Mac:

When I want to download the zip I get the error: "Cannot write to `Installer.zip' (No space left on device)."

I'm pretty sure there are more than 500 Megs free
    Last edited by senbei; 2008-02-09 at 03:47 PM.
    2008-02-09 03:43 PM
    Yea i got the same error too, help please. Also another thing, my installer will only allow me to install only certain things. It crashes when I try to install other things, I dont get it.
    2008-02-10 11:49 PM
    dont get it!!!!! post a more detailed method please..
    2008-02-11 07:08 AM
    I used BossTool, and now not only do I get Main Execution Script Failed, but I cant use that because my apps were moved. Help please.
    2008-02-12 04:07 AM
    any suggestions for simply "error - please uninstall then reinstall" when either installing/updating/uninstalling every app? tried your fix for the main execution error to see if it would help but no dice

thanks!
    2008-02-13 12:42 AM

ok great, but there is one thing. when i try to chmod any file i get a
    "operation not permitted" thing.. im tryin to use the iphone's terminal (the 207 one); im using fw 1.1.3 n installed bsd full. I think bsd is the prob here.. but i dont know how to fix that.......
    2008-02-13 10:33 PM
    Ok, I just tried this for the main execution error and it worked perfectly. Just put your iphone in recovery mode, and run ziphone and tell it to just jailbreak it again and it will be fixed. I got everything working just fine, summerboard is working, customize still hangs and crashes tho, and installer is working fine.
    Last edited by jimczyz; 2008-02-14 at 12:32 AM.
    2008-02-13 11:16 PM
    Ok, I just tried this for the main execution error and it worked perfectly. Just put your iphone in recovery mode, and run ziphone and tell it to just jailbreak it again and it will be fixed. I got everything working just fine, summerboard is working, customize still hangs and crashes tho, and installer is working fine.
    wow! i tried that n i had to restore again but not with this jailbreak, i used nate true's n then the official dev's jailbreak, put me rite back into the restore screen
    2008-02-14 01:02 AM
    My problem is this... I jailbroke my 1.1.3 using ZiPhone, when i try to install something with installer, after the install i exit installer but when it tries to restart springboard it just shows the spinning icon forever... so i wait a while and tried to hard restart the phone (hold sleep/wake and home until it shuts off then turn back on) about 20 seconds into the iPhones boot (silver apple logo) the spinning icon comes back and it just stays like that.
    So i restored my phone again, jailbroke again, tried to install something again, and here i am, stuck on the apple logo with a spinning icon in the center of the screen....

After a few minutes of spinning icon and apple logo the phone restarts and does the same thing, spinning icon and apple logo... -_- deep sigh...
    2008-02-18 08:56 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD