There is no point in trying to search for the update, it's not worth it.

It's causing all the sources to time out, ergo, no packages to install. It's just a shell of an app. And that's if your lucky! Some people can't even get Installer to open after the update.

Yikes, Rip Dev. I think you need to have a sit down and really work out the issues with Installer 4. I know, I know... it's still beta. But Christ, this is more Alpha stages than Beta.

** Update ** It seems Installer 4 will respond as and when IT wants to. My sources have activated, and I have a list of apps now. But Installer is slow, and often unresponsive. So, okay, it works... but the question is... for how long?
    Last edited by Apothocary; 2008-08-17 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Status Update
    2008-08-17 11:32 PM
    Thanks for all your inputs, so I think I'll hold it off.
    I think this means that Cydia is much better (currently).

Also one more question in Installer 4 I don't se.e the "search" option in packages, as it was there in the version for 2G phone
    2008-08-18 12:05 AM
    Is there anywhere where I can download this as a zip and install it manually?
    2008-08-18 12:10 AM
    Is there anywhere where I can download this as a zip and install it manually?
    I downloaded and zipped from my iPhone after upgrade
    Attached Files
    Last edited by renegaderon; 2008-08-18 at 12:45 AM.
    Are you having fun yet
    2008-08-18 12:43 AM
    thanks renegaderon. I put your new installer download in the apps folder set the permissions and all is well. Thanks.
    2008-08-18 01:20 AM
    upgraded installer and my phone resets now every 5sec so i restored i backed up my phone b4 restore but now i backed up the new updated installer so when i installed the back up files it did the same thing again so now i have to restore it again and i cant use my back up fales to put back in my hone
    2008-08-18 03:23 AM
    this version sucks big time...it automatically refreshes the sources everytime you launch Installer...and out 10 times that i have launched...it freezed up 9 times...and the one time that it went thru...i prolly got lucky....NOW...10 out of 10 it freezes up....just have to wait for an update...not even sure if i can get back into Installer to update an update...might have to SSH, i guess.

fix it fast pleaseeeeee...thankyou.
    2008-08-18 06:45 AM
    What is the correct permissions and owner for Installer when I install it manually? root:admin should be owner, like all the other apps I guess. And chmod everything to 777? Doesn't work... 755? Doesn't work. Am I missing something else?
    2008-08-18 10:21 AM
    the new updated installer freezes up when it automatically refreshes the sources, this sucks big time. installer is useless to me now. i really dont want to restore my phone again
    2008-08-18 05:34 PM
    That are the 4.0b5-4 issues for me:

- Freezes refreshing Sources.

- Don't uninstall the previous installed apps. (maybe a permissions issue).

- Hang on start with intelliScreen installed. I must uninstall it from ssh with Terminal to unfreeze.

If you dont have upgrade, dont do it.
    2008-08-18 05:45 PM
    it doesn't actualy freeze it refreshes the repos everytime you start it. It can take anywhere from 5-10 min. If you wait it will finish and some repos do work. Some of them do not work including the one for this site.
    2008-08-18 09:06 PM
    it doesn't actualy freeze it refreshes the repos everytime you start it. It can take anywhere from 5-10 min. If you wait it will finish and some repos do work. Some of them do not work including the one for this site.
    Thanks, you're right. If you just wait 3-5 mins it opens up fully refreshed.
    Now I know I can get the upgrade when it comes. Soon I hope.
    2008-08-18 11:30 PM
    Cydia is not loading for me, undertermined error after startup... no idea how to fix it....

-Does anyone knows when we should expect more sources to be added to Installer 4 for 2.0 FW ??
    -Is there a way to install Cydia manually??
    2008-08-18 11:44 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD