Hello,

One thing I dont understand is, why Dev team is wasting their time developping Installer. When there is already Cydia, which is more stable, more nice and more easy to use with already alot of application in it.

Why dont they use this time on porting application for 2.0 instead ? I dont see the use of having to application for installer. It is waste of time for devloppers and also confusing for people. Developper now need to make 2 version , this is completely Rediculus. Dev team should put their Ego at the side and accept the Cydia.

I advise Dev team to reconsider this and stop Installer and put their effort for developping more application Under Cydia which will be more usefull for people.

This is just my personnel Opnion. Dont get offended :P
    Last edited by netuser; 2008-08-22 at 11:15 AM.
    2008-08-22 11:11 AM
    This thread wins the stupid award.
    Last edited by 461am; 2008-08-24 at 01:59 AM.
    2008-08-22 12:34 PM
    what.. its rip dev not dev team.

and the dev team doesn't port apps either, they make jailbreak apps or their own apps. they can't port apps that other people created and they don't have the open source code to port it.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2008-08-22 06:31 PM
    Also, there isn't just one 'dev team'. It's not like there's this elite group and no one else can do any hacking.
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-08-22 07:49 PM
    there is one official "dev team"

everyone else calls them selves something else. get ur facts straight
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2008-08-22 08:02 PM
    installer will be better than cydia. give it time my bruda.
    2008-08-22 08:11 PM
    installer will be better than cydia. give it time my bruda.
    Better how, exactly? Installer never was better than Cydia, just easier (in some people's opinions) and that's why it was so widely adopted.

As it stands now, Cydia is miles ahead of Intaller, and I don't see Installer catching up anytime soon. Wait, I know how Installer is better! The name! I've finally figured it out. Installer is a way better name.
    2008-08-23 11:37 PM
    Better how, exactly? Installer never was better than Cydia, just easier (in some people's opinions) and that's why it was so widely adopted.

As it stands now, Cydia is miles ahead of Intaller, and I don't see Installer catching up anytime soon. Wait, I know how Installer is better! The name! I've finally figured it out. Installer is a way better name.
    LMFAO Installer is a much better name. haha Your right.

Then again given time and enough work installer can be what it once was...

"What most everyone wanted or had on their jailbroke iphone"

We haven't forgotten that have we?
    2008-08-23 11:45 PM
    there is one official "dev team"

everyone else calls them selves something else. get ur facts straight
    Official? Who granted them the official title?

dev team means 'development team'.

Back to school, kid
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-08-23 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD