Hello,
    I am trying to remove Installer.app and SSH completely. When i click the uninstall tab in Installer.app and then click 'Installer' there is no option for uninstall as it just says 'Install' in the top right corner. I can remove SSH first but then i have no access to my iphone to remove installer.app. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    2007-09-22 03:55 PM
    Restore iPhone through iTunes, or if your on windows use winSCP and find a binkit and put RM in /bin and than delete the Installer.app
    Hit Thanks!
    2007-09-22 05:19 PM
    I have to ask first, why?

Regardless you can indeed restore your phone and loose all you other customizations and apps or the other way uPhone559 suggested

Or simply install Finder then browse to the Applications folder and delete Installer.app

As for the SSH stuff, there are scripts to 'turn off ssh" which ought to be good enough for an uninstall.

However, if you are say preparing for a trip to the Apple store for support, then you should indeed perform a restore.
    2007-09-22 06:24 PM
    I have to ask first, why?

Regardless you can indeed restore your phone and loose all you other customizations and apps or the other way uPhone559 suggested

Or simply install Finder then browse to the Applications folder and delete Installer.app

As for the SSH stuff, there are scripts to 'turn off ssh" which ought to be good enough for an uninstall.

However, if you are say preparing for a trip to the Apple store for support, then you should indeed perform a restore.
    I thought you can do it on the Iphone using installer > uninstall or am I missing something?
    2007-09-22 09:52 PM
    You cannot uninstall Installer from within itself.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-09-22 10:01 PM
    You cannot uninstall Installer from within itself.
    ... it will cause a paradox in the timeline and civilization as we know it will no longer exist.... generally not allowed
    2007-09-23 12:37 AM
    Hey I need help
    I installed customize on the installer.app
    and i customized half of the things on because I was like testing it out
    but I customized the settings and installed and customize out
    but now i cant find them
    and now half of my things dont even show anymore wat do I do??
    pleaseee help
    2007-12-01 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD