*please reply*

i have a 8gig ipot.
    its a jailbroken 1.1.4 with ziphone.
    its 1.1.4, but ive used the 1.1.3 sv patch (dont know if thats relevant) so it shows up as 1.1.3 in settings.

ive been using the installer.app for a while, but now it wont work.
    whenever i try to download anything itll say "Main script execution failed"
    ive cleared my queue and restarted but it still wont work.
    iv also tried to reinstall the installer.app but it said " not enough space to update installer! Please free up at least 512 KB of space"
    so i erased some albums and restarted & now i have 600mb free.
    now when i try to reinstall the installer.app it'll either say "main script failed", or "not enough space"

what can i do to fix this?

sorry for such a long post but i really want to get this fixed.
    ive searched trough all the previouse installer posts, but cant fix my problem. i also posted this same question on another site but no one will reply.
    plz dont be like the a**holes that will ignore a simple question
    anyhelp is REALLY appreciated

p.s im very good at clicking the thanks/ +rep button
    Last edited by chrisc923; 2008-03-27 at 05:27 AM.
    If you reply to any post of mine i guarantee that i will
    thank/ +rep you.
    Even if you think your reply might be dumb and simple. I appreciate any help

2008-03-27 05:20 AM
    go all packages and search for Community sources install that and your fine.
    (remember be for you install that go into installer and hold down the home button till it closes or else u will get the same error with community sources)
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs
    2008-03-27 05:55 AM
    thanks a lot for replying +rep.
    i tried this twice

the first time i started up installer then held the home button until it closed then i restarted my ipot, went back into installer and installed community sources , that all went well. then i exited installer and restarted but i still get the main script error.
    and the "community sources" doesnt appear in my uninstall page (should it?)

the second time i did the exact same exept that this time i didnt restart my ipot after i quit installer or after i installed "community sources" but i still got the error and it still doesnt show up in my uninstall page.

the community sources installed prefectly but nothing else does.
    anymore ideas?

thanks again for the reply.

p.s. im still very eager to press the thanks/ +rep button for anymore ideas
    thank/ +rep you.

2008-03-28 01:51 AM
    no community sources doesn't show up in uninstall because it adds sources not a program
    try deleting the conceited software source thats worked 4 me b4
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs
    2008-03-28 06:44 AM
    do you have bsd subsystem installed? Is it possible to install cydia (an installer alternitive) I had the same error as you but only for certain packages I was able to install the packages through cydia tho.
    2008-03-28 07:04 AM
    thanks for replying heath_rox & danviciente.
    ive thanked/ +repped you both.

I actually found a fix for my problem by searching on youtube.
    it was actually pretty easy. im sure there are more ppl with this problem so i might start a thread with what i did to fix it.

first i ssh'd into my ipot and did a terminal "thing" to it
    *here is the video i used* it worked perfectly
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsLY901iqus&feature=related"]YouTube - How to ssh using winSCP and fix Main Script Execution Failed[/ame]

then i used boss tool to free up some space
    *ive read that this is not nessesary & u should only do if you need/want to have the full memory of your ipod available for apps*
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxC7a8lmNXk&feature=related"]YouTube - [Tutorial]Why Installer is not installing applications.[/ame]

all credit goes to the makers of these vids, if they helped you fix your ipod,
    the least you could do is leave them a comment.

*mods or admins, if youd like to erase or lock this thread thats fine*
    i found a fix and reposted it
    Last edited by chrisc923; 2008-03-29 at 06:32 AM. Reason: found a fix
    thank/ +rep you.

2008-03-29 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.