User Tag List

Jason Calacanis, founder of Weblogs, is reportedly saying Apple is working on a networked television.

Nate Lanxon for Cnet writes that "these LCD HDTVs will be fully networked, with the ability to stream all your iTunes content from your Mac or PC. In fact, Calacanis told me they'll function like a standard TV with an Apple TV box, only without the need for the box."

"In many ways, this isn't surprising news, as Apple already produces a stunning 30-inch display for the Mac. So picture that -- only thinner -- in a bedroom, streaming iTunes movie rentals over 802.11n, controlled with the Remote app on an iPod touch or iPhone."

Read More
    2008-10-12 12:04 AM
    apple is taking over the world lol
    2008-10-12 03:00 AM
    LOL, so we can pay $3k+ for a tv to be "networked"? What a waste
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-10-12 03:03 AM
    uhhh... is it gonna be at best buy any time soon??;-)
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...
    2008-10-12 09:00 AM
    they would probably do better to take over the computer market, where they started, first lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-10-12 09:50 AM
    Integration isn't always a good idea. Knowing apple, they'll probably want you to throw away your old one every two or so years.
    2008-10-12 09:56 AM
    Integration isn't always a good idea. Knowing apple, they'll probably want you to throw away your old one every two or so years.
    HAHA amen to that

2008-10-12 09:58 AM
    I have to agree with you. I wouldn't be surprised if they released a refridgerator (I'm placing my bets. Come back here when they confirm it ). After that? An iCar. Then an iHome. Wait they already have one of those lol.

Will someone make a remake of this video with M$ and Apple instead?
    Flash Epic 2015
    2008-10-12 08:11 PM
    I am a firm beleiver they will make an iCar at some point and when they do I will be all for it I can only begin to imagine how sexy and how well build that machine would be fully synced with all apple products and just plain sexy not to mention would use no fuel
    2008-10-16 08:31 AM
    ^yeah yeah, it's all good till you find out that the damn thing won't work till you activate it with iTunes.
    2008-10-16 01:17 PM
    And the activation servers are down lmao
    2008-10-20 02:01 AM
    ^yeah yeah, it's all good till you find out that the damn thing won't work till you activate it with iTunes.
    LOL haha true but the engine itself I could just imagine the simplicity it would have well if they ever do make a car it won't be for a long time thats for sure.
    2008-10-26 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD