Nakko.com is claiming they have developed an app that allow you to charge your iPhone over the air, anytime, anywhere. The app is waiting approval from Apple and they are expecting it to be available on the App Store early next month. Best of all, if it works, it is slated to be totally FREE!!

This is the email I received from Nakko:
    The past few months we've been working really, really hard on the development of our iPhone app WebJuice.

The new app allows you to charge your phone without any cables using a mobile internet connection.

We will be launching soon but wanted to give you a sneak preview of the app and what it can do... So... we proudly present:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hEdDsgWgP2E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hEdDsgWgP2E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't know how valid it is. Or if it will even work. But we will see. I do know that there was a phone boasting inductive charging and you just place the phone on a mat and it will charge, no wires connected.
    Last edited by xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx; 2009-03-28 at 10:05 PM.
    2009-03-28 08:20 PM
    i'll believe it when i see it.

no i take that back..i call BS.
    Last edited by jayteez; 2009-03-28 at 08:42 PM.
    2009-03-28 08:37 PM
    AGREED, this is not possible unless you internally make the device do this. Even then it's not possible! B....S big time.
    Best Regards,
    Steven Myers
    2009-03-28 08:54 PM
    I thought I heard a click like the insertion of a charger when it came on. Also, Why not show the bottom port through all of this.
    Perpetual motion is very hard to prove in theory.
    Even if it was theoratically possible. It would take battery power to run data which would probally cancel out the charge anyway.
    Can anyone say "Generate Web Traffic"

Smitty
    2009-03-28 09:05 PM
    Lol. Unless god created this app, I dont see it happening. Software cannot charge a phone.
    2009-03-28 09:24 PM
    had to pop in a lmao on this one!!!M.I.T look out hahahah
    2009-03-28 09:33 PM
    appears to be an april fools joke.
    2009-03-28 09:44 PM
    Something I just noticed. He's claiming that the app works by connecting to wifi, but the phone is not connected to wifi in the video. He's on 3G!! hahahaha
    2009-03-28 09:50 PM
    looks legit

j/k
    2009-03-28 10:08 PM
    Shouldn't this have been announced next Wednesday?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-03-28 11:58 PM
    He never shows the bottom of the iPhone when he 'connected' to the website
    2009-03-29 12:17 AM
    I can't wait to try this out....j/k
    2009-03-29 12:20 AM
    Yea I got this email too. Absolutely ridiculous. Someone should do an "uh" count on this guy. He sounds like a babbling moron that has no idea what hes talking about.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista
    2009-03-29 07:50 AM
    Yea I got this email too. Absolutely ridiculous. Someone should do an "uh" count on this guy. He sounds like a babbling moron that has no idea what hes talking about.
    What is worse is that he seems to be reading from the screen the entire time.
    2009-03-29 08:02 AM
    Sorry but I definitely call Bravo Sierra on this one...just ask Tesla.

Intel HAS claimed they had preliminary results on wireless transmission of power via a carrier wave but that was light years away from becoming a usable reality.
    2009-03-29 12:24 PM
    I couldn't be bothered to actually view the video before - not sure why I bothered now.
    I like the way that they programmed it to make the same noise as a PC does when you plug your iPhone in when you press the button...

I now get why this was released in advance of April Fools day - they want to have all the email addresses ready to send out the email on Wednesday.

It's one way of getting hits on your YouTube vid though.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-03-29 12:40 PM
    Sorry but I definitely call Bravo Sierra on this one...just ask Tesla.

Intel HAS claimed they had preliminary results on wireless transmission of power via a carrier wave but that was light years away from becoming a usable reality.
    Agreed! The dude in the video is full of it.
    2009-03-30 08:20 PM
    People can dream, right? Wouldn't this really be awesome if it were true? Can you say Backgrounder?
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.
    2009-03-31 04:41 AM
    haha works over wifi but im on 3g..... oops didnt think that one through...
    2009-03-31 05:07 AM

ahhahhaha
    2009-03-31 05:27 AM
21 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD