New iPhone specs leaked -- 600MHz CPU, 32GB, 3.2MP cam?

Take this for what it is -- a totally unverified rumor from a Chinese forum -- but a set of specs for a next-gen iPhone have leaked out along with this screenshot, and they're not entirely far-fetched. According to the alleged leak, iPhone model MB717LL 9 ("iPhone2,1" perhaps?) will have a 600MHz processor (up from the current 400MHz unit), 256MB of RAM (from the current 128MB), 32GB of storage, a 3.2 megapixel camera with autofocus, as well as a digital compass and FM radio, all while retaining the same battery, basic shape, and screen size. Do we believe it? Well, if we were to conservatively guess at specs for a next-gen Apple phone that's pretty much what we'd come up with -- with the exception of FM -- so we're not shaking our heads too hard. Plus we've definitely seen evidence that a compass will figure into the equation, and there's endless whispers that the camera will see an upgrade. Still, only Steve and the gang know for sure, and we're (probably) not finding out till they're ready -- WWDC, are you here yet?

-screamankit
    2009-05-12 10:32 AM
    If they upped all those specs but did not improve upon the battery I wouldn't buy it. Battery life is already dismal on the 3G, why would they want to reduce the user experience even further?
    2009-05-12 12:47 PM
    Any news on the cost?
    2009-05-12 02:24 PM
    If they upped all those specs but did not improve upon the battery I wouldn't buy it. Battery life is already dismal on the 3G, why would they want to reduce the user experience even further?
    Or at least if it is the same battery, Apple had better improve/reduce the power consumption with more intelligent cpu idle modes, backgrounding, etc.

If it does not last at least 1 day (like the current iPhone for me), I will imagine a lot of people (including me) will be very disappointed. That being said, I am sure I will buy it on the first day it is out
    2009-05-12 06:21 PM
    I'm definitely waiting a couple weeks after it comes out to buy it. I don't want to wait out at Apple and AT&T over night and waste my time going there when they're out of stock, plus I want to know more about it before I buy it. I don't mind if they go a little thicker, but if anything they better improve the battery life.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.
    2009-05-13 05:05 AM
    I can't see Apple adding new hardware and capabilities and not beefing up the battery in terms of higher capacity or more efficient chips.
    2009-05-13 05:19 AM
    The rumours are all over the place but the FW? 3.0 (7A306) would appear to be half way between B4 and B5
    Also, would it show Carrier as AT&T3.5 if it was still in China?

It may be true but we'll have to wait and see.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-05-13 05:22 PM
    Hoping the new iPhone will have some component to where devs can allow it to run on Tmobiles 3G. Highly doubtful though.
    2009-05-13 06:31 PM
    Hoping the new iPhone will have some component to where devs can allow it to run on Tmobiles 3G. Highly doubtful though.
    It won't.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-05-13 06:32 PM
    Then should I just switch to a 3g now?
    2009-05-15 06:29 PM
    Why? why not stick with your 2G and wait to see if the new pone has any other new features you want.
    2009-05-15 08:18 PM
    If the 256MB is true then that is a big improvement there! I know the proc is capable of 600mhz (412mhz now) but due to battery i do not think that they will go that high. IMO the 256MB of ram would be a fantastic improvement.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!
    2009-05-18 07:22 PM
    They need to stop worrying about how slim the iPhone is. Double the battery thickness already! It is the iPhones weakness.
    2009-05-18 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD