Hell yes, Apple would not lie to us!
    2009-06-03 05:43 PM
    Hell yes, Apple would not lie to us!
    Yeah right! LOL
    2009-06-03 06:22 PM
    Do not tell me otherwise, you fiend!
    2009-06-03 06:46 PM
    I can't wait for devs to establish a blacklist of people who pirate apps and just block them from using anything again.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.
    2009-06-04 08:46 AM
    I can't wait for devs to establish a blacklist of people who pirate apps and just block them from using anything again.

i wonder how many devs would have to blackilist themselves? as i mentioned earlier i am developing an app but also usually crack the expensive apps that dont have trials or lite versions before i pay for them and i see nothing wrong with that. i used a cracked version of jaaddu VNC and within a couple hours of use i was impressed, and since i knew it was an app i would use, i spent the $25 to buy it without feeling a bit guilty

i guess i will have to blacklist myself. where do i sign up?
    Last edited by fletch33; 2009-06-04 at 02:20 PM.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"
    2009-06-04 02:18 PM
    Honestly, if you can't afford the $0.99 app, then you have no business with an iPhone or iPod Touch. I would definitely like to see a try-before-you-by system put in place. Dev's deserve to be paid. It's that simple. If you seriously can't justify $0.99, then GTFO of the App Store.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2009-06-04 05:43 PM
    As someone pointed out 0.99 is nothing but 500 X $0.99 ?

Not saying I condone it but when looked at like that it does take on a different perspective.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-06-04 06:07 PM
    Honestly, if you can't afford the $0.99 app, then you have no business with an iPhone or iPod Touch. I would definitely like to see a try-before-you-by system put in place. Dev's deserve to be paid. It's that simple. If you seriously can't justify $0.99, then GTFO of the App Store.
    ^^ That's an old and weak azz argument. Most of the apps worth having are $5 and $10 and a small handful are as much as $20. Grab yourself a few of those and you lost that weeks paycheck. Let's live in reality for a while, not just the street of 99 cents where it is convenient for you 99 cent guys to argue.

All that matters to me is that "I" pay for them, it doesn't matter to me if YOU pay them, nor anyone else. Do your thing, mind your own business, live your life. Too many people around here on their soapbox wanting to play mommy. Half of you loading a cracked app while talking so loudly with your self righteous jive. If Joe over there don't pay, that's Joe's business. Don't go getting mad because you did and he didn't and nobody did anything to him about it. Make your own decisions and stick with'em.
    2009-06-04 06:11 PM
    As someone pointed out 0.99 is nothing but 500 X $0.99 ?

Not saying I condone it but when looked at like that it does take on a different perspective.
    Yeah but one doesn't spend the 0.99 all in one day.... it is over time.... and no matter what you do at any time you buy things in life it all adds up..... as stated... 0.99 is cheap for an app!

^^ That's an old and weak azz argument. Most of the apps worth having are $5 and $10 and a small handful are as much as $20. Grab yourself a few of those and you lost that weeks paycheck. Let's live in reality for a while, not just the street of 99 cents where it is convenient for you 99 cent guys to argue.

All that matters to me is that "I" pay for them, it doesn't matter to me if YOU pay them, nor anyone else. Do your thing, mind your own business, live your life. Too many people around here on their soapbox wanting to play mommy. Half of you loading a cracked app while talking so loudly with your self righteous jive. If Joe over there don't pay, that's Joe's business. Don't go getting mad because you did and he didn't and nobody did anything to him about it. Make your own decisions and stick with'em.
    one1 you have a good point... the good apps are more expensive but I do not feel they are asking to much for them.... the most I worry about when I buy one that is more expensive is that I like it...

I also pay for all of my apps.... When it comes down to all of this... this is how it is.... who ever pays knows they are doing it right.. who don't pay know they are doing it wrong and taking a chance of getting busted and paying the consequences for what they are doing...
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 2009-06-04 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-04 06:26 PM
    $0.99 too much for an app? Buy one less pack of cigarettes each week. That should do it.

Or cut out a couple of fast food stops each week.
    2009-06-04 08:01 PM
    All that matters to me is that "I" pay for them, it doesn't matter to me if YOU pay them, nor anyone else. Do your thing, mind your own business, live your life. Too many people around here on their soapbox wanting to play mommy.
    Good point, well made. Think I'll shut up now!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-06-04 09:55 PM
    Did I miss something lol :P
    I logged back in and noticed this thread had like 29 replies and just read through all of them.
    2009-06-04 10:56 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD