Thousands sign Twitter petition, want carrier to retreat from $200 surcharge on iPhone 3G S

Source

AT&T has 48 hours to answer iPhone pricing complaints, says crisis expert

More than 8,000 sign Twitter petition demanding that AT&T rethink iPhone 3G S $200 surcharge

Source

Sign the Twitter Petition here:
    Source
    2009-06-12 04:40 AM
    Interesting....but I think everyone needs to get over it.

Its still a better deal than you would get with AT&T on any other phone price if you were an existing customer with a contract, I mean....come on people.
    2009-06-12 04:42 AM
    I agree. Yes AT&T could do better, but its still not a bad deal.
    2009-06-12 05:10 AM
    ^+1....Ordered mine 6/10 from Apple.
    2009-06-12 05:14 AM
    If you owned a blackberry, treo or any other PDA phone it would run you anywhere from $400-$600+ unsubsidized price and you wouldnt have ANY chance of upgrading early or getting even the slightest cost cut.
    2009-06-12 05:15 AM
    its still a let down to those who dont qualify for the upgrade. for a new line, sure, its a great price, but for those who just got 3g's and dont qualify for the upgrade its quite a let down. ill have to pay bank for mine once its unlocked. but i accept that. so should everyone else
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-06-12 05:28 AM
    Why is it a let down?? How are they letting you down because ATT/Apple wont let you out of a 2 year contract early? Is that their fault?

Just playing devil's advocate. But people get mad cause the company is upholding the contract they signed.
    2009-06-12 05:41 AM
    People need to get over the fact that AT&T isn't throwing these phones out there for pennies. The phone is worth the full price. Period. If all of the complainers had a product on the market that had the attraction that the iPhone does...you can bet your last dollar they wouldn't be being as forgiving either.
    2009-06-12 05:46 AM
    im just saying the price is a little steep. thats the let down. i think people were expecting to be cheaper to upgrade since they had an iphone. thats the let down. its thier own fault for expecting it. if you want it bad enough youll pay. period. nuff said
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-06-12 05:49 AM
    Why cant anyone just say it the right way:

iPhone diehard, loyal, early adopters were treated greately when the 3g came out. both existing iPhone customers, and new customers, were able to purchase the phone for $199. even though they only had the first iphone for 1 year.

Now instead of doing the same thing as last year, they are now asking an additional $200 per unit for early adopters.

Apple, your early adopters are your disciples, happily spreading the word of iPhone to all who will listen. Users should be rewarded for being loyal. Considering that most of us have had to put up with a half-finished 3g product for a year (missing promised features, buggy firmwares, slugish hardware).

Its a **** move. We pay quite a lot for our data plans already. Charging $200, an $18 activation fee, a $18 early upgrade fee, honsetly go f#ck yourself AT&T.
    2009-06-12 11:37 AM
    Last year AT&T wanted to get people on 3G as it is far better for them. This year they have no such incentive.

I think the new iPhone is way to cheep - I think I might start a petition for AT&T to raise the price by a few hundred dollars...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-06-12 03:10 PM
    A Twitter petition?! LOL! OMG. Why not write the thing in crayon! The reason people are getting so upset is that they forgot they bought their first generation iPhone at an unsubsidized price and when the 3G came out AT&T gave them their FISRT price discount. It's not AT&T's fault that Apple has upgraded their device after only one year. AT&T actually has to run a business and giving people a reduced price rather than forcing them to pay the full cost is admirable in my opinion. They actually didn't have to discount the phone a single dollar for those not eligible.
    2009-06-12 04:02 PM
    If you have more than one line on your account, just switch the upgrade if possible. That's what I'm doing in October.
    2009-06-12 04:09 PM
    Please sign my petition at twitition - AT&T to iPhone to cheap
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-06-12 04:12 PM
    I'd love the upgrade price, but on my AT&T page it says I'm not eligible till December 09. I'm going to hold off on getting the 3G-S till its jailbroken anyway. I have the 3.0 final on my 3G now, and man does a stock phone blow!

So, not in a rush to go though this again. I'll be content with the 3.0 jailbroken on my 3G till I know I can buy a 3G-S and come home the same day and jailbreak it.

Now, if they can't jailbreak the new one till December, Its a win, win!
    2009-06-12 04:23 PM
    I speculate that the 3GS will be jailbroken with the same exploit as the iPod Touch 2G which is why the Dev Team was TRYING to keep it a secret until the new iPhone hit the street. If thats the case and Apple did not have a chance to patch it we should be all good very soon!
    2009-06-12 06:00 PM
    Kinda lame. But I still can't get over the activation fee, come on we activate the phones not some limp noodle behind a desk.
    2009-06-12 06:11 PM
    I speculate that the 3GS will be jailbroken with the same exploit as the iPod Touch 2G which is why the Dev Team was TRYING to keep it a secret until the new iPhone hit the street. If thats the case and Apple did not have a chance to patch it we should be all good very soon!
    Yes, while it'll cost me an extra 2 or 300 bucks, I do honestly hope to see it hit quickly also.
    2009-06-12 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD