Is he not the kid that found the exploit, the one where the dev team were asking people to thank him on twitter, I cant think of his nickname right now, but it could be.

Could it be Oranav

From the dev teams blog:

Once again, thanks to @Oranav for finding the new injection vector that allowed us to transform yellowsn0w

It's only a wild guess so no need to shoot me down if I'm wrong
    Oranav is Oran Avraham from Israel, so certainly not AriX
    Not sure if I've heard of him before - something rings a bell.
    Did he not write ijailbreak (www.ijailbreak.com) which basically packaged up George Hotz JB into a useable package - I was not using an iPhone at the time so maybe someone who was around at the time has a better recollection.
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-07-19 at 02:24 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-07-19 02:20 PM
    ^ i believe he just packaged the first jailbreak into a "easy to use program" (iJailbreak).
    2009-07-23 09:00 AM
    He knows full well that Apple will not throw all their might at him and also maybe it's not such a bad thing going to the press in this way because let's face it, there are so many naive people out there that know absolutely nothing about jailbreaking or even know of jailbreaking at all and this will get their attention and the jailbreaking community will grow hopefully.
    2009-07-23 05:57 PM
    In that case, do I get to go on the news too?
    And Apple can't really do anything to him, he's a minor.
    Last edited by angiepangie; 2009-07-25 at 10:17 AM.
    2009-07-25 10:15 AM
    His online name is AriX and he is on the chronic dev team. This kid is 100% legit. He is the one who coded the mac version of purplera1n (check the credits).
    2009-07-25 10:27 AM
    In that case, do I get to go on the news too?
    And Apple can't really do anything to him, he's a minor.
    No Angie, you're not 15 yet. Duh!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-07-25 12:10 PM
    Haha gosh I feel like such a baby
    2009-07-25 08:57 PM
    What you lack in age you more than make up for in intelligence.
    You certainly have nothing to worry about on that score.
    2009-07-25 09:03 PM
    See.. a year ago I would have agreed...
    But now I just keep feeling stupider and stupider.

And it's not that I'm smart.. it's that the vast majority is... well.. stupid.

Sorry for the OT.
    2009-07-25 09:57 PM
    Sorry, I've been out (first time all week!)
    When you start realising how little you know it is quite scary.
    Others will judge - ignore the idiots but the majority will be right. I have no doubt what they will think.
    2009-07-26 12:08 AM
    Sorry for the bump.. I just remembered about this one

No Angie, you're not 15 yet. Duh!
    Do I get to NOW?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-24 06:59 AM
    This is old news. Yes, Ari created iJealnreak, Yes, he coded purplera1n for mac. But he is getting annoying and is too young to be so arrogant. I am sick of hearing about Ari, so sick I am un-following him from twitter right now
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-08-28 01:51 AM
    ^but I get to be arrogant right?!
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-28 01:52 AM
    Angie is younger and far more intelligent and far less arrogant!
    2009-08-28 01:53 AM
    ^ about what?
    2009-08-28 01:53 AM
    Angie is younger and far more intelligent and far less arrogant!
    lmao. I am?
    2009-08-28 01:54 AM
    Angie you do not compare to Ari...far less arrogant, but I like your arrogance
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-08-28 01:54 AM
    don't you love it when replies come through while you type - I'm so old mine take about a day to type....

lmao. I am?
    No, of course not
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-08-28 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-28 01:57 AM
    Yes. and nobody gets what your reply goes to

Confucious - you are NOT old Unless you look a lot younger than you are. btw mrs. confuciousmobil is a catch.
    2009-08-28 01:57 AM
    How was the honeymoon?
    2009-08-28 01:59 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.