I did that this morning - they have not replied.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-09-21 09:09 PM
    PatrickJ over at JAIPB has had a running dialog with the Snapture folks, so I asked him to try and get some information about the issue with their previous jailbreak customers. This is their official response from the CEO himself:

We are nothing without our loyal customers, so we want to do what's right for them. There has been 8 updates and thousands of license transfers in the past year and half, all free of charge. Unfortunately AppStore is out of our control. Apple has only given us 50 coupons for the press, that won't suffice for our jailbreak customers even if we wanted to give it to them.

But rest assured that we're going to do what we can to help our loyal customer, we'll think of something. The team is working on figuring out how we can help our old customers. We will let you know soon.
    Hopefully that's not just some good PR spin and they're really working on something to help us out. They have always been pretty good with their user base, so I have hope. I guess only time will tell.
    2009-09-21 10:17 PM
    ^FAIL!!!
    2009-09-23 03:10 AM
    Damn it, I guess were not allowed to mention that forum on here!
    I never even use the Camera app on the iPhone so I doubt I'll "buy" Snapture
    2009-09-23 03:35 AM
    No. Cracked/pirated apps are not allowed here.
    They're wrong as well. Sorry I find it hard to give my respect to someone that has to STEAL something $2
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-23 03:46 AM
    That's because you're one of the few people on MMi that actually use them.
    I honestly have never used cracked apps.
    And that's only because you can't crack beejive and have it work! Shame on you...
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-23 04:09 AM
    Lol trust me, there are a lot of people on MMi and on other forums with the same usernames, signatures and avatars. Tbh I used to use a crack version of Beejive but I actually bought it like 3 months before it became server side security.
    Btw I am Awayze on every other forum except MMi, you replied to my comment on the Dev Team's blog the other day lol
    2009-09-23 05:00 AM
    lol I reply to a lot of peoples comments. haha.
    2009-09-23 05:02 AM
    ^Lol yeh I see you also do on MMi

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th
    2009-09-23 05:06 AM
    LOL. This is my distraction from homework... ughhhhhhhhhh....
    2009-09-23 05:09 AM
    Snapture have sent an email to all users telling them how to reclaim the money when buying the new version.

I take back everything I said - it's nice to see they are looking after their loyal customers
    Attached Thumbnails Snapture on App Store?-snaptureref.png  
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-09-23 at 08:32 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-09-23 07:56 PM
    I got the "This coming Monday, Snapture will be Reborn" email today again but nothing telling me how to reclaim the cost...
    2009-09-23 08:32 PM
    See http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...ml#post4964218
    2009-09-23 08:58 PM
    Excellent, all done thanks
    2009-09-23 09:24 PM
    Is it iTunes that prevents it from being installed on 3.0?

Can you simply unzip it and ssh the files into the iPhone to get it to work?
    2009-09-27 07:23 PM
    Just bought it off the app store..
    I was having a random "ooh I really want this app!" moment
    (I don't get those a lot.. haha)

No me gusta
    I mean its great but it is lacking some features that the cydia version had...
    2009-09-27 08:18 PM
    It's available in the AppStore now.

$1.99 - 75% off the regular price

iTunes Store

Oh great- could not understand why I could not see Snapture after purchasing it in the AppStore: it NEEDS OS 3.1 before iTunes will install it!
    grrrr....3GS jailbreak needed before I even consider going up to 3.1.

This is how I see Apple will force us to go to 3.1 - apps just won't install/work on anything lower anymore....grrrr....
    this all seems pretty underhanded to me, I for one wont be buying it
    2009-09-27 08:45 PM
    this all seems pretty underhanded to me, I for one wont be buying it
    Why do you think it's 'underhanded'?
    2009-09-27 10:24 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.