If like me you are on the Telstra Network (Australia) now Next G customers with an iPhone can now watch more than 30 Mobile Foxtel channels thanks to "the latest in video encoding technology".

Telstra iPhone customers running OS3.1 can subscribe to the Mobile Foxtel Ultimate Combo for $AU18.00 capped per month with Mobile Foxtel 2 pack combos such as Kids and Entertainment available for $AU12.00 per month. Customers can also sample Mobile Foxtel by purchasing a day pack for only $AU4.00 Telstra Mobile TV services are unmetered, which means they can be viewed without affecting their monthly data usage allowance.

Mobile Foxtel currently runs in Safari but a dedicated Mobile Foxtel application is under development. Of course it would have to pass Apple's "make up the rules as we go along" approval process.
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |
    2009-10-17 11:19 PM
    My self I have a 42in tv I use to watch tv on
    2009-10-18 12:21 AM
    My self I have a 42in tv I use to watch tv on
    But not at work
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |
    2009-10-18 12:44 AM
    Is that an iPhone in your pocket or just a 42" TV?....

Sounds like Aus is ahead of the game on this one, although TV on the phone has not taken off (I had a Virgin Lobster TV phone - but they cancelled the service. Maybe it will have more luck on the iPhone.

Enjoy!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-10-18 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD