Should I even try installing it right now? I REALLY want to make this thing look like my mac!!!!
    2010-05-03 05:20 AM
    Installs fine but crashes on startup for me
    2010-05-03 06:02 AM
    DON'T mine is all screwed up now... it messed up my screen and touch etc.. now i have to do a restore =(
    2010-05-04 12:18 AM
    Are you sure you don't just have to respiring? Did it go into iPhone mode? Just respiring all installing einterboard does is when you try to open it it crashes back to the home screen
    2010-05-04 12:25 AM
    Same for me... a few of these apps on cydia made my ipad not function correctly... Restored and everything is back to normal... I did JB again just so I can use the Backgrounder... Life is easy again with this simple program.
    2010-05-04 12:27 AM
    2010-05-04 12:46 AM
    Big tip guys... before you restore, make sure you have sbsettings installed and see if you can open it with the status bar swipe, then hit power, and active safe mode. If you can get that far... you can get in cydia and everything will work allowing you to uninstall whatever messed things up.

Hope that helps in the future. In the mean time, my winterboard is crashing too I wish I could get it running to try out some themes! :/
    2010-05-04 03:32 AM
    **************** if you downloadwinterboard and it messes up your ipad, go to settings>winterboard and turn off summerboard. This should fix the issue. Then simply delete winterboard through cydia***********
    2010-05-04 07:19 AM
    figured out it wasn't winterboard that messed it up it was sbsettings no point on installing winterboard just wait till the update comes out.. i just restored so i can have it fresh and clean =)
    2010-05-04 02:14 PM
    Same for me... a few of these apps on cydia made my ipad not function correctly... Restored and everything is back to normal... I did JB again just so I can use the Backgrounder... Life is easy again with this simple program.
    How did you get backgrounder to work?

I installed it with Pro-Switcher, but every time I try to activate it, the ipad crashes and I get the "sad iphone" screen.
    2010-05-04 02:55 PM
    **************** if you downloadwinterboard and it messes up your ipad, go to settings>winterboard and turn off summerboard. This should fix the issue. Then simply delete winterboard through cydia***********
    Old post, but for the sake of those like me that didn't read around before installing Winterboard on the iPad, if you do install it, disable it like recommended but DO NOT REMOVE VIA CYDIA! It will foul up your springboard display like it does when it is activated, and you'll have trouble clicking dialog popups and buttons, etc. Found this out the hard way and had to restore and rejailbreak to fix.
    2010-11-18 02:27 AM
    Old post, but for the sake of those like me that didn't read around before installing Winterboard on the iPad, if you do install it, disable it like recommended but DO NOT REMOVE VIA CYDIA! It will foul up your springboard display like it does when it is activated, and you'll have trouble clicking dialog popups and buttons, etc. Found this out the hard way and had to restore and rejailbreak to fix.
    I am not sure why that happened to you, but I did not have any issues uninstalling WB. I actually found that the mods that I wanted to achieve are not intricate enough to warrant WB. The only disadvantage with manually theming the device is that even In Safe Mode or Game Mode (If you get that app in Cydia), the images stay modified. Obviously this is because I actually replaced the images, rather than using a MS dylib to temporarily change them. But I digress; I had no issues after uninstalling WB. Unless you would consider a boost of over all speed and performance an issue, lol.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2010-11-19 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD