UltraSn0w now works for all BB 04.26.08 thru 05.13.04
    With thanks to my good friend Sherif Hashim
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-06-21 09:14 PM
    UltraSn0w now works for all BB 04.26.08 thru 05.13.04
    With thanks to my good friend Sherif Hashim
    2010-06-21 09:37 PM
    Damn you guys are good!! Well done!!!! The dev teams work is unbelievable.
    2010-06-21 09:39 PM
    Incredible job! Now all we need is Pwnage Tool 4 and everyone will be able to jailbreak, hactivate and unlock! Dev Team = Win
    2010-06-21 09:45 PM
    Freakin Pwnd...

Once again, the good guys win! Take a bite outa apple!
    2010-06-21 09:52 PM
    NICE! I can finally sell my iPhone 3G!

BTW - what's taking so long for this to get to the front page! Staff writers FAIL

4.0 has been out for over 3 hours too...
    Last edited by adp; 2010-06-21 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
    2010-06-21 10:16 PM
    Guys,

My first post on the forum and a request at that.

I have an iPhone 3GS with baseband 5.12.01 and firmware 3.1.3. Is there anyway to jailbreak it? Spirit is there but it needs an activated device and I dont have official sim either.

Lets for one moment assume that I am able to arrange an official sim, how do I jailbreak then? Can I access the spring board by just putting in the official sim because if I can then I can download Spirit using Wifi and jailbreak my phone.

I am waiting for the unlock for the past 3 months and I am sorely dissapointed with the developer team. Can someone help me?
    2010-06-24 09:26 PM
    you are "sorely dissapointed with the developer team"?

Then do better yourself. I was going to help until I read that.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-06-24 10:16 PM
    @confucious... Come on mate. Dissapointed because I havent been able to find proper information even on the developer blog. They havent mentioned any way to jailbreak apart from an activated device and then using spirit. In a nut shell, inspite of all the hard work they do, its difficult to find complete information.

That apart they have been doing really great service for all of us without any financial benefit and I would be foolish not to acknowledge that.

I bought my iPhone locked! Yes you read that right LOCKED because I believed and stil believe in the dev team to release an unlock for all of us out here in the same situation as me. No disrespect for anyone in the dev team, its the information and communication which is a little lacking. I have been posting on official dev blog and numerous other forums and still not able to find a solution.

You would do me a big favor by providing me with uptodate information and I would really appreciate it.
    Last edited by lavkesh; 2010-06-24 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-24 10:28 PM
    That's because there is no solution. The unlock is available but you need to JB to use it.
    You can't JB because no one has found a way of pwning anything above 3.12
    No one is withholding information but until something is found it can't be done.
    2010-06-24 10:31 PM
    @confucious - I have been contacted by a couple of guys who say that they can do it and call themselves a part of the developer team! The developer blog doesnt mention the official sim method to jailbreak so I thought there might be a way which I dont know off and believe you me I have been searching for it for the past 3 days!

As I type its 2:30 AM in the night in my part of the world and I am still trying to find that elusive ray of light that would end my woes but it seems I would have to wait longer (
    2010-06-24 10:34 PM
    Who has been telling you that? The Dev Team are far to busy to contact anyone individually and that's what the blog is for.
    If you want to forward me their email PM me.
    2010-06-24 10:43 PM
    I smell BS..... u smell it?
    2010-06-24 10:49 PM
    Sounds like a "Jody" fail
    2010-06-24 10:53 PM
    Please don't mention that name!
    Too much like hard work for him to contact people, mind you, if he thought he could rip you off....
    2010-06-24 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD