Having successfully JB'n my iP4 last night, this morning I visit jailbreakme.com after re-restoring and only get the "Oops, it looks like the installer crashed ..." message.

Obviously, the JBMe servers are getting raped right now.

Anyone know why Comex et al didn't release a JB package instead ?
    2010-08-02 09:57 AM
    Probably so all of us could have some serious laughs when going to the apple store and seeing all their devices jailbroken.
    2010-08-02 11:25 AM
    It may not seem like it right now, but in the long run this method will minimize the number of issues with using the jailbreak. If he released the jb as an application then each time they had to update/patch it everyone would have to download the new version and there's no way to repeal the older versions. Some knuckleheads always manage to get their hands on old versions of JBs (refer to blackra1ns rc1, 2 and 3 for this) and screw up the phones long after an updated version of the JB has been released. By doing it this way, all Comex has to do is just update the code on the server and then everyone who uses the jailbreak will be forced to use the most recent version, thus decreasing the amount of user error.

But yes, the Apple Store part will be uber sweet!
    2010-08-02 11:39 AM
    This isn't news, please feel free to ask any questions in the proper thread

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...eakme-com.html

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.
    2010-08-02 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD