Oh, I had found the way to use it.
    Thank anyway.
    and your not sharing how you did that???
    2012-02-03 12:40 PM
    LOL. Was there as well. 4:30 am wondering what the hell I was doing wrong. Okay, so I'm assuming you're using windows (I hope). Here is what you need to do.

Step one
    :
    Install python 2.7 not 3 to the location the installer chooses. (Cpython27) Important notes; install the 32 bit version, because the PIL (Python Image Library) will not work with the 64 bit version and will not work with python 3 and up. (Going by the last time I checked). In addition the iOS-artwork extractor folder should be on you c drive as well or else you will not be able to access it via the command prompt.

Step two:
    Install the PIL (Python Image Library) to the location the installer chooses.

Step three:
    Restart.

Step four
    (Running the extractor script):

- Open the command prompt.
    - Change directory (chdir) to the location of the iOS-artwork.py script/file.

(So, now in the command prompt you should have:
    C..\iOSartwork>; as your location.)

- Next, type: python iOS-artwork.py export -a /path/to/artwork_file.artwork -d /path/to/export_directory/

- Hit enter to run the script.

It should then extract the PNGs from the artwork file.

Step five (Running the import script):
    - Same steps as above (Steps 1-3) except for step four.
    - Step four (for the import process) will be:

python iOS-artwork.py create -a /path/to /original_artwork_file.artwork -d /path/to/import_directory/ -c created_artwork_file.artwork

NOTE THIS WORKS ON iOS 5.0.1 on iPod 4G , i have tested on [email protected]k, ALSO if anyone wants the original iPod4G artwork files i can provide :P I can give the extracted files too, im assuming this is not against forum rules in anyway

SOURCE: I talked to Dave Peck about the method of extracting the .artwork files today and he directed me to this

NOTE: Please read the original post by Lokenall for full description

Im creating a new thread on this topic will provide link when im done
    Last edited by CrAcKzZZ; 2012-02-07 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Quote was to big :P
    2012-02-07 12:36 AM
    LOL. Was there as well. 4:30 am wondering what the hell I was doing wrong. Okay, so I'm assuming you're using windows (I hope). Here is what you need to do.

Step one
    :
    Install python 2.7 not 3 to the location the installer chooses. (Cpython27) Important notes; install the 32 bit version, because the PIL (Python Image Library) will not work with the 64 bit version and will not work with python 3 and up. (Going by the last time I checked). In addition the iOS-artwork extractor folder should be on you c drive as well or else you will not be able to access it via the command prompt.

Step two:
    Install the PIL (Python Image Library) to the location the installer chooses.

Step three:
    Restart.

Step four
    (Running the extractor script):

- Open the command prompt.
    - Change directory (chdir) to the location of the iOS-artwork.py script/file.

(So, now in the command prompt you should have:
    C..\iOSartwork>; as your location.)

- Next, type: python iOS-artwork.py export -a /path/to/artwork_file.artwork -d /path/to/export_directory/

It should then extract the PNGs from the artwork file.

Step five (Running the import script):
    - Same steps as above (Steps 1-3) except for step four.
    - Step four (for the import process) will be:

python iOS-artwork.py create -a /path/to /original_artwork_file.artwork -d /path/to/import_directory/ -c created_artwork_file.artwork

More notes:

This is a wonderful and powerful tool. However, you must point to the original .artwork file from the iOS to make sure all the necessary data is included in your modified .artwork file. This means that: 1. You have to have all the same number of PNGs and they must be the same size (In height and width, and in how many bytes) as the original PNGs that are located in the iOS .artwork files.

This causes a problem when, like myself, wanted to remove the battery from the status bar (Now using HideBattery with Winterboard, but I'm still pursuing removing the battery icons so I do not have to use Winterboard.) If you just delete the PNGs the script will return an error. If you replace the PNGs, let say like I did, with the PNGs being used in the HideBattery Theme, it will not work and return an error. This is due to the fact that the script references the original .artwork file for information.

I also tried creating transparent battery PNG images. It did work, however on certain apps (iFile and Cydia) I had a white square icon where the battery icon was and if the I was in an app that didn't produce the white square the battery percentage was still in the same place. So, I had a gap between the battery percentage and the end of the statusbar. Which, semi defeated the purpose, because I wanted that real-estate. This is when I tried to use the images that are in the HideBattery theme, but that too didn't work. Got an error, because my new PNGs didn't match exactly to the original PNGs that are being referenced.

I still love this script and I'm still trying to figure out how to remove the battery icon without Winterboard.I hope you can use my instructions to your success and maybe you'll figure something new out. Take care and hope this helps.

Question by Plasmoky vis PM
    "I'm having some trouble, as you may have expected. Also I'm not sure if I should post this in the thread or here. Anyway,
    my [email protected]~iphone.artwork and iOS-artwork.py are in the same directory, CArt. I've been running this script, and it seems to have errors. I do intend on exporting the pngs to the same folder as the .artwork and .py. It is

python iOS-artwork.py export -a C:/Art/[email protected]~iphone.artwork -d C:/Art/

and it returns the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "iOS-artwork.py", line 37, in <module>
    from artwork.artwork_file import ArtworkBinaryFile, WritableArtworkBinaryFil
    e
    ImportError: No module named artwork.artwork_file

Do you have any fix? Can you tell what I'm doing wrong?"

First, you do not need to specify the drive letter. Also, if I'm not mistaken the ':' with give you a syntax error when running the script. Also, remember that in windows they use backslashes not '/'. Just FYI.

So it should read \Art\[email protected]~iphone.artwork

Second, going by what you have said I can only think that you are missing the artwork folder in Dave Pecks iOSartwork extractor program. In that artwork folder are the modules. Make sure you have the whole program and not just the iOS-artwork.py file. Once you have confirmed that you have the complete program... try again.

Third, and this is really just a personal preference, I would create a separate folder labeled iOS-Artwork Extracted (For example) and extract to that folder. This is just for keeping everything clean and not having 200 images were the main program lies.

So, try what I have said and we'll take it from there. Here is the link

https://github.com/davepeck/iphone-tidbits

just click download and you'll be sure to have the entire program. Good luck.
    I tried this and get "Directory name is invalid"
    2012-02-16 07:54 AM
23 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.