Hello, my iPad has been bricked and I really need help!

Yesterday I jailbroke it via limera1n and was in the midst of syncing all my apps when the iPad disconnected from iTunes for some reason and I got a spinning beach ball till I force quit iTunes. After that iTunes wouldn't recognise the iPad at all. So I tried restarting the iPad but it wouldn't move past the Apple logo. It would randomly shut down and start up if I pressed the reset button but it would never load the springboard and it still wouldn't be recognised by iTunes. After a while the battery ran out and it doesn't seem to charge or restart again, and it is still not recognised by iTunes. I've tried everything: charging it again, trying to put it in DFU, re-installing iTunes... but nothing seems to work.

Please help! I don't want a 500 dollar piece of aluminum and glass lying around the house!
    2010-11-03 11:54 AM
    Connect your iPad to your computer, hold power and home button, wait until the Apple logo turns off and on again, release power button but hold Home buttoun until the iTunes and USB symbol appears. iTunes now recognizes your iPad again and offers to restore it - after you have done this you will be fine. Good luck!
    Last edited by zoolman88; 2010-11-03 at 12:22 PM.
    2010-11-03 12:17 PM
    It's not working! The Apple logo is not appearing. The iPad won't turn on at all!
    2010-11-03 03:51 PM
    Turn your computer off. Connect the ipad to your computer while it is off. Turn your computer on. See what happens.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac
    2010-11-03 06:41 PM
    Are you sure it's not already in DFU?
    2010-11-03 07:35 PM
    How about connecting to another computer?
    2010-11-03 07:36 PM
    How did you charge it? Via a wall outlet or computer?
    2010-11-03 07:37 PM
    Haha sorry for the 20 questions
    2010-11-03 07:37 PM
    Hello, my iPad has been bricked and I really need help!

Yesterday I jailbroke it via limera1n and was in the midst of syncing all my apps when the iPad disconnected from iTunes for some reason and I got a spinning beach ball till I force quit iTunes. After that iTunes wouldn't recognise the iPad at all. So I tried restarting the iPad but it wouldn't move past the Apple logo. It would randomly shut down and start up if I pressed the reset button but it would never load the springboard and it still wouldn't be recognised by iTunes. After a while the battery ran out and it doesn't seem to charge or restart again, and it is still not recognised by iTunes. I've tried everything: charging it again, trying to put it in DFU, re-installing iTunes... but nothing seems to work.

Please help! I don't want a 500 dollar piece of aluminum and glass lying around the house!
    Hello, I was just wondering if you did ever get your iPad to work again. I have the same problem right now and would be interested in hearing how you got it fixed.

Thanks
    Ravi
    2010-12-21 06:53 PM
    People need to realize that it is really hard to brick an iPad. Also, getting into DFU mode is easy, YouTube will show you. Luckily, I think I read somewhere that the Dev Team may implement a DFU button for JBing soon. This would help out a vast majority of nooks, or so I hope!

@rrampersaud: have you tried a DFU restore? Also, what firmware are you trying to restore to? If you don't have SHSH blobs for firmwares < 4.2.1, the restore will fail. Where are you at in the process? Unless the hardware is messed up, ipad really can't be truly 'bricked', so do not despair. The best way to do it from the point you have described is a DFU restore to 4.2.1.

I think I may do a write up on how to recover ones iPad, hopefully it will get stickied. Honestly, it will answer most questions and fix most problems that n00bs are posting about. The only way to learn is through reading and experience right?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2010-12-21 09:14 PM
    Thanks for the reply.
    Unfortunately, I left the country and the ipad behind (since i couldn't get it working). Now I may be wrong, but it is hard to confirm the firmware since I can't get into the ipad anymore, but it was on a limera1n version that I thought was prior to 4.x as it did not allow me to create folders.

It was working fine for one and a half months then the day before i left on vacation it stopped working.

I'm probably talking too much but I did want to mention that I did take it to someone who fixes iphones, itouch etc (ie. they open and fix broken parts) and they said that I would have to send it back to Apple. The problem is that it is a company issued iPad that I jailbroke so I really don't want Apple to tell the company that the warranty is voided since I jailbroke it.

I can't wait to get back home and see if your suggestion works. Otherwise, I will be writing you once again!
    Thanks
    ravi
    2010-12-22 01:37 AM
    Hello i'm back from my trip now. Is there any way you can help me out. I tried putting it in DFU mode but still didn't help.

Ravi
    2011-01-02 10:53 PM
    plug the ipad into a wall charger for and hour then see if dfu mode will work
    Last edited by Captinsmooth; 2011-01-02 at 11:13 PM.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter
    2011-01-02 11:06 PM
    I charged it (even though it still shows the battery as been low) and put it into DFU mode. However, I do not see any window pop up in iTunes and my iPad does not show up as a device.
    Ravi

Can someone please help me with my iPad troubles..thanks
    Last edited by rrampersaud; 2011-01-03 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-01-03 06:40 PM
    Have you tried different USB ports, restarting the computer, or even a different computer if available?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2011-01-03 07:00 PM
    Have you tried different USB ports, restarting the computer, or even a different computer if available?
    Yes, I have tried that as well.

Yes, I have tried that as well.
    Last edited by rrampersaud; 2011-01-03 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-01-03 08:33 PM
    Keep it plugged into the wall outlet overnight then try again. Could be a dead battery.

Or if you have a Apple store, just say the device stopped turning on, they don't need to know if it's jailbroken. You should be able to replace it.
    2011-01-04 06:21 PM
    Keep it plugged into the wall outlet overnight then try again. Could be a dead battery.

Or if you have a Apple store, just say the device stopped turning on, they don't need to know if it's jailbroken. You should be able to replace it.
    Sounds an awful much alike to a problem I had with a jb 3GS iPhone. I'm certain I posted on here about it. Plugging it in over night and it would still show only the red dead batt icon. Eventually I had to take it to the genius bar and they plugged it in and had me wait 10 mins to confirm that I'm not a complete moron. When it didn't power, they replaced it since it was still well under warranty. Despite how things will usually work or not work at the exact moment you go to show someone. Hopefully yours is as well.
    2011-01-05 04:56 AM
    The company sent it in to Apple...lets wait and see what they say!!!
    Thank you everyone for your assistance.

Ravi
    2011-01-05 06:03 AM
    I would like to thank everyone for their help.
    The iPad was taken to Apple but since he was unable to even get to a screen he just gave me a new one!

Now i have iPhone problems...i guess i have to post in the iPhone Forum.

Thanks
    2011-01-07 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD