Ok I have been trying to figure this out forever so I thought I better finally start a thread to see if anyone out there has any advice.

I want to download music/media files from my iPad or iPhone browser and put those files directly into the iPod app. There has to be a way. I'm trying to eliminate the need for my computer unless I have to update, and with the upcoming iOS 5 coming out, I won't even have to do that!

I have been having no trouble downloading music to the iPad using Downloads HD App from the app store. The problem is with putting the music file into the iPod app. If anyone can help that would be great! Thanks!
    2011-07-08 06:13 AM
    I believe that iTunes encodes the files to the iPod app. If you go into the iPod files on your device you'll notice that they're all named strangely. I think it has something to do with making iTunes iPod-only so that other mp3 player makers can't use it with their devices.

I don't think there's a workaround for this, but I've seen threads here that talk about this topic. Go here and search around MMi a bit: Advanced Search - ModMyi Forums
    2011-07-08 06:57 AM
    What would you search? Everything I try comes up with how to pull songs off the iPod onto your computer....

Do you know of anyone who has done this?
    Thanks!
    2011-07-08 07:34 AM
    Try mewseek. That let's u download songs and add them to iPod.
    2011-07-08 01:32 PM
    Thanks! I tried it and it works well! Awesome! One step closer to eliminating the computer for me!
    2011-07-08 08:29 PM
    Sry I'm bumping sn old topic, but I felt the need to warn you. With mewseek and other apps like it, the next time you go to sync I believe iTunes will delete all the new music that you have added unless added with I tunes. At least thats what happened to me, maybe I was doing it wrong.
    2011-07-16 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD