Hi,

My friend has an iPhone 4s (Verizon) without a dataplan and a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim with straight talk. I am assuming the SGP has a SIM card. Now, I am not sure what to do. I thought I needed to first jailbreak and then unlock her iPhone in order for the SIM card to work. However, I have been reading online and it looks like all I need to do is just put the straight talk SIM card in the iPhone and it's good to go for the most part. Could anyone help me please?

I'm assuming I can't unlock her phone as according to this link I can't: http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...an-unlock.html

She has an iPhone 4s running modem firmware 3.4.03 and that is not on the list.

Again, any help would be really appreciated.
    2014-01-22 08:34 PM
    Verizon 4S units can only be unlocked for use outside of the US. They won't work for service with either AT&T or T-Mobile (Straight Talk's GSM partners within the US), nor will that iPhone work on Straight Talk's "BYOD" program with Verizon's CDMA. Sorry about that.
    2014-01-22 10:03 PM
    Orby - consider selling your device and then buying a gsm version that'll support straight talk. It's the only way around this for you.
    Passionate tech blogger, student in college and part time worker at SoldMyDevice.com
    2014-08-30 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD