I do now!!!! Thank you!
    LOL! iOS 8 - Cydia INSTALL & Password Bug FIXED!!! Mac Tutorial
    2014-10-31 05:50 PM
    So Thaz.. Did you do Cydia installer update AFTER the manual fix? And still you're not restoring?
    2014-10-31 06:01 PM
    So Thaz.. Did you do Cydia installer update AFTER the manual fix? And still you're not restoring?
    you cant install the update to 1.1 if you did a manual fix for passcode, you have to restore device. Just did the restore and looks very clean install
    2014-10-31 06:11 PM
    Yeah I did all the updates and what not. I just don't want to get stuck with a "possibly" unreliable jailbreak, if Apple releases 8.1.2 out of no where. But from the looks of things it appears that we are all fine. Any word on Flex 2 working for iOS 8? That's like the GOAT app
    Pangu has a restore feature that is built in to the app. So what is there to worry about?!?!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2014-10-31 06:32 PM
    Pangu has a restore feature that is built in to the app. So what is there to worry about?!?!
    iLex has also been updated for 8.1 as well.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-10-31 06:51 PM
    you cant install the update to 1.1 if you did a manual fix for passcode, you have to restore device. Just did the restore and looks very clean install
    What would be interesting is if we renamed the files we modified back to their original names and then applied the update.

The pwboot.deb that I created just renamed the original files so they are still on the device. Removing the custom 'move.sh' file and reenabling the original 'move.sh' file might fix the boot loop issue.

I'd be curious if that would work, instead!

BTW, did this update reenable the 'stash' folder?
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-10-31 at 06:56 PM.
    2014-10-31 06:53 PM
    iLex has also been updated for 8.1 as well.
    Yes, but that's not a true restore as we all know. But the Pangu one actually lets you pick a firmware for your device I'm guessing.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2014-10-31 06:54 PM
    What would be interesting is if we renamed the files we modified back to their original names and then applied the update.

The pwboot.deb that I created just renamed the original files so they are still on the device. Removing the custom 'move.sh' file and reenabling the original 'move.sh' file might fix the boot loop issue.

I'd be curious if that would work, instead!

BTW, did this update reenable the 'stash' folder?
    Yes the stash folder is reenabled. Yeah I am not sure how that would play out if all the patch was is renaming a few files then yes technically you should be able to just undo that rename and apply the update. I know that Pangu put in that it would not install if you applied a work-around passcode fix. But restoring original files should work fine. I already did a fresh restore of my device or I would try it out.
    2014-10-31 07:06 PM
    I'd be interested if the new move.sh file is different from the original one. Can you send me yours?

/usr/libexec/cydia

Also, since the 'stash' folder has been reenabled, I'm kinda thinking that had something to do w/ the modified 'move.sh' file. I never looked in the file to see what it included.
    2014-10-31 07:16 PM
    I'd be interested if the new move.sh file is different from the original one. Can you send me yours?

/usr/libexec/cydia

Also, since the 'stash' folder has been reenabled, I'm kinda thinking that had something to do w/ the modified 'move.sh' file. I never looked in the file to see what it included.
    Sent you a PM
    2014-10-31 07:19 PM
    Got it! Looks like the same thing as the Cydia Installer 'move.sh' file.

That must not be the issue, then...
    2014-10-31 07:22 PM
    Trying to play catch up… what's causing boot loops now?
    2014-10-31 07:41 PM
    Trying to play catch up… what's causing boot loops now?
    no boot loops. Just comparing the new files with the originals to see what has changed.
    2014-10-31 07:42 PM
    Ah ok.
    2014-10-31 07:43 PM
    I'm going to do a full restore… Only seems clean. But it will be nice for those of us on Mac, if we want to do a restore after that, we can just use the Pangu app like we used to use redsnow to get back to 5.1.1.
    2014-10-31 10:37 PM
    I'm going to do a full restore… Only seems clean. But it will be nice for those of us on Mac, if we want to do a restore after that, we can just use the Pangu app like we used to use redsnow to get back to 5.1.1.
    I did a full restore 24 hours ago and so far so good.
    2014-11-01 02:34 PM
    Edit...
    Last edited by Bulldog5278; 2014-11-01 at 04:44 PM.
    2014-11-01 03:02 PM
177 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD