I am going to sell my old iPhone to a local friend. We already made the deal and I need to give him the iPhone this weekend. My concern is how to totally remove all the personal data from the iPhone, such as apple id, password, messages, etc... No one could get any information from the iPhone, is that possible?
    2015-12-16 07:19 AM
    Logout from iCloud and AppStore and hit erase all content and settings.....finished. That is, of course, if your iPhone is not jailbroaken. If it is, than you will have to restore...
    2015-12-16 07:55 AM
    Logout from iCloud and AppStore and hit erase all content and settings.....finished. That is, of course, if your iPhone is not jailbroaken. If it is, than you will have to restore...
    This seems didn't work. The screen turns gray and there was a circle flashing on the center. It never stops until your force to reboot. But the data is still there after rebooting. I am so confused.
    2015-12-17 03:35 AM
    Search GOOGLE for DFU restore and setup as new.....that way, it will all be clean....
    2015-12-17 07:55 AM
    Most people said that perform "Erasing all content and settings" on iPhone will erase data from device, in fact, it won't completely erase and the data still remain on the iPhone. It means your data can be easily recovered by some people. I sugest you to try professioal Data Wiper software.
    thanks for the suggestion, i look around to find the solution.
    2015-12-23 11:50 AM
    thanks for the suggestion, i look around to find the solution.
    That's true. Data is still retrievable if using third-party software. You might check this post on Reddit. They're several ways available to remove personal data.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comm...ef_source=link
    2016-11-22 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD