Coolstar stops in occasionally to ModMyi but not enough to be an active member here. We all know the amazing replacement to Winterboard for theming - that Anemone has been since its inception. Let's use this thread to discuss the newest updates and questions we have about Anemone for iOS 10. Not that there's a stable jailbreak for iPhone 5S-->6SPlus and iPadPro (Yalu102) and a working one for iPhone 7/7S on 10.1.1 (Yalu MachPortal) - Anemone will go to new heights.

Just last night Anemone 2.1.1-6 went Live in Cydia. This version brings Coolstar's new NO-RESPRING-NECESSARY Apply button.. Just hit preview and APPLY and the screen fade transitions back to your Springboard with your new theme fully applied. Quite a nice upgrade!!! .car support (your clock theming and a few other elements) is still not in 2.1.1-6 yet.

This version of Anemone also works in iOS7.1-iOS9.3.5

So put your question here, gang!!
    2017-01-30 05:17 PM
    There's still a bug in 2.1.1-6 that causes a safe mode crash while trying to theme the open folder background blur. It should be fixed soon too.

And Fonts were redone by Apple in iOS10. So until we have new Swap Mode font packages in Cydia for BytaFont 3 - we won't be able to convert them to work in Anemone.. That's not Coolstar's issue.. but an Apple issue.

Remember all Classic Docks need to be reformatted to Modern Dock format. Classic Dock no longer supported..

Also - auto conversion to IconBundles of older Bundles/Folders themes is no longer supported in 2.1 and beyond. I will post a method to convert older themes to all IconBundles in the next post here.
    2017-01-30 05:20 PM
    ---This post saved for future tutorials ---
    2017-01-30 05:21 PM
    I'm getting this? All things ANEMONE for iOS 10-imageuploadedbymodmyi1485796764.471510.jpg
    2017-01-30 06:19 PM
    Add repo: rpetri.ch/repo/ and you will get the necessary update through Cydia.
    2017-01-30 06:37 PM
    I'm getting this? All things ANEMONE for iOS 10-imageuploadedbymodmyi1485796764.471510.jpg
    Make sure you install the newest RocketBootstrap from rpetri.ch/repo. Then reinstall Anemone 2.1.1-6 after that. All should be good.
    2017-01-30 06:37 PM
    Yup, that worked Appreciate the help. I'm trying to go with it lol with work, and stuff smh it's kinda hard to keep up. I really appreciate the patience, and help
    2017-01-30 06:53 PM
    Does BytaFont 3 work for i7 ios10 yet? I read somewhere it caused crashes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017-01-30 07:13 PM
    Does BytaFont 3 work for i7 ios10 yet? I read somewhere it caused crashes.
    Nope. But Apple also redid font packaging in iOS 10. So fonts are dead in Anemone too. I never use BytaFont anymore on principle as the dev pirated Coolstar's work to create Tweak Mode.. but anyway.. I do all font changing in Anemone. Saves changes for whole phone.
    2017-01-30 07:28 PM
    Beware! It has been conveyed to me that Anemone is now being released with malware for tracking purposes!

Bring back WinterBoard!!!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2017-01-31 12:30 AM
    Beware! It has been conveyed to me that Anemone is now being released with malware for tracking purposes!

Bring back WinterBoard!!!

All things ANEMONE for iOS 10All things ANEMONE for iOS 10All things ANEMONE for iOS 10All things ANEMONE for iOS 10All things ANEMONE for iOS 10
    2017-01-31 12:36 AM
    Only for private pre-release versions. To prevent leaking of private pre-release versions - which cause needless confusion and headaches for CS. But all public releases in Cydia are completely tracking software free. No worries at all. And Winterboard doesn't even work anymore. Lol. Gone the way of the DoDo Bird All things ANEMONE for iOS 10
    2017-01-31 02:16 AM
    IOS 10.2 is no longer signed be careful

2017-01-31 03:09 AM
    Only for private pre-release versions. To prevent leaking of private pre-release versions - which cause needless confusion and headaches for CS.
    So I was right!

But all public releases in Cydia are completely tracking software free. No worries at all. And Winterboard doesn't even work anymore. Lol. Gone the way of the DoDo Bird All things ANEMONE for iOS 10
    You know that for sure?

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2017-01-31 03:32 AM
    So I was right!
    Coolstar tells me I was mistaken. No tracking code ever.. just a special name "newD" or "buuf" in the header of the deb that could be text searched on Google. That's not malware in the code itself. Just a testers name built into the deb name so if I'd leaked - he could have seen it was my copy that was leaked and rightly blame me for the leak.

You know that for sure?
    Positive about public versions of Cydia containing no tracking, yes. 100% sure. About WB going the way of the DoDo? Well - yes.. it's obvious. It may barely work on 10.. but who even cares. It's inferior in pretty much every way now. Saurik's stranded it since 9.0.1.
    2017-01-31 03:56 AM
    I just want your opinion gents, it's safe to upgrade to latest (2.1.1-6) version Anemone? I read few comments on twitter that the icons are not themed after upgrade, is this because they used themes with "Bandle"? but Anemone works only with "IconBundles"
    I'm on iP 7+ 10.1.1

TIA
    2017-01-31 05:36 AM
    I just want your opinion gents, it's safe to upgrade to latest (2.1.1-6) version Anemone? I read few comments on twitter that the icons are not themed after upgrade, is this because they used themes with "Bandle"? but Anemone works only with "IconBundles"
    I'm on iP 7+ 10.1.1

TIA
    Works fine for me, but the theme I'm using uses iconbundles.
    2017-01-31 05:41 AM
    Anemone is now broken for me. Since the update I get the same old error message on start up, and then a second that says "Cannot contact Springboard. Try reinstalling Rocketbootstrap and/or Anemone" but no combo of uninstalling or reinstalling does anything. I even: Uninstalled them both, rebooted, ran mach portal, then substrate fix, then an icleaner clean up and then a fresh install of both starting with the boot strap and nada.

Edit: I am dumb and need to read more.

Another issue: When adding new icons anyone ever have them display at the wrong resolution? (all zoomed up)
    Last edited by trancelikestate; 2017-01-31 at 08:47 AM.
    2017-01-31 05:45 AM

Edit: I am dumb and need to read more.
    So you read more and discovered.... ? Make sure you're using the newest beta of RocketBootstrap from this repo: rpetri.ch/repo/ That should get rid of the Springboard error message.

Another issue: When adding new icons anyone ever have them display at the wrong resolution? (all zoomed up)
    Make sure the icons have -large.png at the end of their bundle name in the IconBundles folder of the theme. There could be other explanations too.
    2017-01-31 02:21 PM
    When it's late and I'm tired it might be best if I give up earlier than I do for all of our sakes. Sorry about that! Such a stony blonde. Thanks guys!
    2017-01-31 07:20 PM
96 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD