User Tag List

I have an Apple BT Keyboard that I will use to make word documents. What is the best app that will be compatible with word?

Thanks
    2011-09-22 06:17 AM
    I also have a Bluetooth keyboard and haven't had any problems with most apps that claim to be semi-compatible with MSWord. Do you already have one that you like minus the keyboard?

A bigger concern for me has been how well the apps maintain formatting when importing or exporting Word documents. I don't have a Mac at home or work so my only experience is between the iPad and pc. It seems to be reliably random in terms of font, formatting and other things.

If your primary goal is simply to start docs as drafts, or work on/edit them and then export them back to a conputer for final re-formatting, that works well. Otherwise I would advise creating or importing and working with docs through to completion on the iPad and then exporting as PDF if you need to maintain cross-platform formatting of any importance. YMMV, but that's my experience over the past year or so with Pages and a few other apps. Also read the app store descriptions carefully; some of the more expensive apps aren't fully compatible with .docx or all versions of Word, for example. Since many of these apps are in the $10-20 range I thought I'd chime in with my experience with some of them in case it's useful to anyone before purchasing.
    2011-09-25 09:15 AM
    is the capability to change a doc to pdf already on the ipad2?
    2011-10-06 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD