the iPads arent locked, u just have to find a carrier that has the micro sims
    2010-03-08 08:17 PM
    lol, pedantics won't hide the blunt truth that it's not a real OS.
    The word you're looking for is pedants.

And what is a real OS? I'd hate to think I've been using fake ones
    To live, you have to lie
    2010-03-08 08:25 PM
    The word you're looking for is pedants.

And what is a real OS? I'd hate to think I've been using fake ones
    ped∑ant (pdnt)
    n.
    1. One who pays undue attention to book learning and formal rules.
    2. One who exhibits one's learning or scholarship ostentatiously.
    3. Obsolete A schoolmaster.

...interesting thread...
    2010-03-08 08:49 PM
    god, what is the point? what is this thing going to replace? it wont replace the iphone or laptops like it says it will!!!
    2010-03-11 02:23 AM
    I don't beleive Jobs said it would replace either of them. I think he said it would be in a place between.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-03-11 02:46 AM
    I get your angle Pyro, but I don't think it is a replacement for anything. I think it is more of a new category. Sort of like the netbook or the smartphone.

No one saw any use for either until they got them, now they can't live without them.

I look at it like I look at my iPod touch. I use it for ebook apps, email, Tweet Deck, occasional gameplay (like when I am waiting to get my oil changed) and as an organizer. It sucked for music until I got the Cydia app that allows me to go to the next song with the volume buttons. But honestly, I still use my Zune for music, as it is just a better mousetrap...

Frankly, I would use an iPad daily. And for exactly what I use my iPod Touch for. It would just be bigger...
    There are no open ports on my Zune...
    2010-03-11 02:54 AM
    I have a 32GB 3GS. Does everything the iPad can do, albeit, on a much smaller screen. So, the only compelling reason I can see to buy an iPad would be the larger screen. If they had OSX on there, it would make things much different, since I could take Photoshop, Aperture, Mac Office, etc... and use it as a REAL computer. Apple just has too many other irons in the fire for them to allow this to compete with their real computing line.

The HP Slate is a nice tablet, similar to the iPad, except with Windows 7, and supports Flash. Looks like I may go this route. Can't see spending 600.00 for the iPad when I have an iPhone that does all the iPad can do...
    2010-03-12 05:18 PM
    Toronto Start, dated Jan.27th,2010:

SAN FRANCISCO-As expected, Apple CEO Steve Jobs took the stage in San Francisco today and unveiled the iPad. The tablet device is “more intimate than a laptop, and it’s so much more capable than a smartphone,” according to Jobs. What it looks like is enlarged iPhone.

And the real kicker: "We want to put this in the hands of lots of people," Jobs told the crowd. "I am thrilled to announce it starts at $499."

The devices will be available in 60 days, including in Canada.
    Follow me on Twitter-Crow1372

2010-03-20 08:08 PM
348 ... 8161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD