User Tag List

I'm actually not too disappointed. I wasn't expecting much more than the iPod Touch or iPhone offers.

Having a larger keyboard to type on is great, fat fingers and the little iPhone screen = fail. iWork is a huge plus for me, without that I would have zero interest in this tablet. The price points are also substantially lower than I was expecting which is great news.

Biggest issue is the name, what a horrible name, someone should be fired for throwing iPad in the hat.
    2010-01-28 01:03 AM
    Again I didn't say it was offensive. Please read.
    2010-01-28 01:03 AM
    no flash no multi-tasking and imo the border is to thick a smaller border would have look sick but imo its 7/10 at appearance and 6/10 for use just a blown up iphone and imo not worth buying but i probably will ;(
    2010-01-28 01:04 AM
    As FLAVA FLAV WOULD SAY "DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!" IPAD = P.0.S TO ME, but the NOKIA N900 IS REVOLUTIONARY!!!!
    2010-01-28 01:13 AM
    this tampon is missing a lot of features!!..
    iBlahhhhhh
    2010-01-28 01:13 AM
    Hmm it would be good for students like me but then again I can get a normal MB for that price but I'm happy with my MBP currently as it's slim n fits perfectly in my bag and my iPhone 3GS which does everything the iPad does and still fits in my pocket.
    I think the screen is too big for portable gaming, 3.5" is the right size imo, even the new PSP got a smaller screen compared the old PSP's. I find my Phat PSP-1000 too big to carry around
    I still think a MacTablet for around $1300 would have been better running full OS X and proper hardware with a blu ray drive!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th
    2010-01-28 01:17 AM
    Quite pathetic showing. Lets see:

1) No OSX.
    2) No multitasking.
    3) User interface with 90% of unused space, eew!
    4) No GPS.
    5) No real USB (plug in a USB thumb drive, say to see someone else's presentation)
    6) If I connect to a monitor (VGA only??? why not also DVI/hdmi???) then I "use up" the 30 pin port. Can't have it simultaneously charging, or connected to a keyboard.
    7) No stylus.
    8) No camera??? (even $200 netbooks have camera, hello SKYPE!!!)
    9) HUGE (HUGE) bezel. Horrible design.

Sorry, this is a device I will not get. Pity, I would have gladly bought (even above $1k) if it was a decent OSX machine.

Quite pathetic.
    2010-01-28 01:23 AM
    I must say that I am quite surprised at the lack of imagination that's gone into this new device, firstly it just looks like an oversized iPhone, secondly it's running a modified version of iPhone OS (should have been a modified verison of OS X), thirdly the screen looks like there is a whole 1 inch of unused space that could have really helped the viewing experience.
    On the upside though, I do like the pricing but that's about it.
    Overall I'm not liking it so far so will have to wait and see when I get my hands on one.
    2010-01-28 01:23 AM
    Guess I'll throw in my 2 cents just for good measure ...

I think the biggest disappointment is it's really not what we've come to expect from Apple when they bring something "new" to market.

They have a track record for being innovative an producing market-changing or even market-defining devices ... the iPhone was ... this clearly isn't ... it really is just an overgrown touch. And it doesn't even really have Apple's normal sense of style to it ... truthfully I think it's fugly ... I haven't seen a benzel that wide in at least 10 years ... make the screen bigger, or the case smaller ... it ain't packin' that much hardware ... really !!!

I'm not saying there's anything really wrong with the concept (I actually think it's an awesome idea) ... just a lousy implementation. It makes good business sense for Apple ... I like the "keep it simple" approach to the OS ... and I really don't think there's anything wrong with going that route. BUT ... come on ... stuff some more memory in the thing ... there must be room in there (the chips are the same size anyway ... lol) ... and to the other poster's point, don't charge more for the upgrade than ipod with tipple the memory !!! AND ... put a camera on it (preferably rotating), not that hard ... a couple USB ports, and memory card support (you know, the basic stuff).

That's it ... then it has (via our jailbreak community ... oh, and the app store) nearly unlimited potential.

They'll still sell a ton of them ... but they could sell so many more with some very simple (pretty basic, and not expensive) improvements.

For me it's really about size vs function ... and it doesn't have any more (less in fact) function for it's size than my iPhone. I like the idea of an iPhone that size ... just make it do things that something that size is "supposed" to do.

As my close personal friend Maxwell Smart would say ... "missed it by that much"
    2010-01-28 01:26 AM
    Hmm it would be good for students like me but then again I can get a normal MB for that price but I'm happy with my MBP currently as it's slim n fits perfectly in my bag and my iPhone 3GS which does everything the iPad does and still fits in my pocket.
    I think the screen is too big for portable gaming, 3.5" is the right size imo, even the new PSP got a smaller screen compared the old PSP's. I find my Phat PSP-1000 too big to carry around
    I still think a MacTablet for around $1300 would have been better running full OS X and proper hardware with a blu ray drive!
    They sell MBs for $499?
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2010-01-28 01:32 AM
    4) No GPS.
    5) No real USB (plug in a USB thumb drive, say to see someone else's presentation)
    7) No stylus.
    4: sure it does, buy the 3g model.
    5: did you miss the part about file sharing?
    7: are you fingers to fat for a 9.7in monitor?

THAT IS OFFENSIVE, MY BROTHER ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE ON THE SPECIAL OLYMPIC GAMES, YES I AM USING UPPER caps...that is totally offensive to a lot of people, this people are not retarded, are humans, with feelings and emotions, and I am totally happy to be called a retarded, because I m proud of him, that is a personal attack and totally of the topic. beside you are making a comment that is off the line and offensive to an human condition....
    PM's from this guy:
    that is totally offensive, you crossed a line.... Retarded people are special people, not animals to be used as an Insult, you can call me anything you want, but that is offensive... I hope you are happy with how are you.. and also, I hope you some day cross with someone in that special condition....then you can learn to be human, not an animal...
    I was trying to be polite. but you know what, you ***, fagged, *******, christian cock sucker, jew ************, nigger, white trash, rice eater piece of ****, small penis heterosexual, I think I cover any un-polite name. religion or sex.... sorry if i forget one... and **** you....sorry if you are a woman you dike...yes I cover all, please make my day, ask to someone to ban me...

Well, its obvious that you are the special needs person if your family. You can't seem to follow rules. Please go commit a felony and goto jail so we don't have to hear from you and donate your account to your brother, he probably understands simple rules and could contribute something to the community besides complaining.

Well, I am not offended by you, but you have some serious issues and I ask the mods kindly to remove him and his posts, he is very abusive of the rules here and I certainly don't like seeing people like this on the forum.

-----------------------

I don't understand all this complaining, did Steve Jobs call you and promise you all these features and then didn't deliver? Or did you get so caught up in the hype/rumors you forgot what was real and what wasn't?
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 2010-01-28 at 01:41 AM.
    2010-01-28 01:34 AM
    wtf Apple?
    presenting an iPod Touch on growth hormones as "magical and revolutionary" device.

no multitasking? no Flash for full web content? and iPhone Apps in zoom mode for the real pixel experience?
    Hopefully it will develop over time because there is a lot of unused potential in this iPad.

I can imagine using it in college to write down notes during a lecture using a special pen or typing a paper on it while listening to pandora....all that would have been possible with Mac OS X instead of iPhone OS!

Why Apple....WHY??
    2010-01-28 01:38 AM
    Guys, this product was way overhyped with all of the rumors for months. Also, the first iPhone was slow, only basic apps, no Youtube, and look at what it has grown into now. Buy music and apps on the phone, GPS, much faster, and many more things. This product may not be perfect now, but it has potential to be something that dominates it market quick...
    2010-01-28 01:39 AM
    They sell MBs for $499?
    Lol, looking at it now on Apple's site, it does look ok but I doubt I'll get it and even I did consider buying it, I'd want the 32/ 64GB with 3G version. That's enough for a MB on them Mac+free iPod student offers. Or find one new on eBay.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 2010-01-28 at 01:52 AM. Reason: just

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th
    2010-01-28 01:46 AM
    Soooooooo disappointed right now!!!!! It's an iPod Touch on Steroids!!!! Why would anyone that aleady has an Iphone or ipod toucn buy this???? Well at least I will be saving my money..

Guys, this product was way overhyped with all of the rumors for months. Also, the first iPhone was slow, only basic apps, no Youtube, and look at what it has grown into now. Buy music and apps on the phone, GPS, much faster, and many more things. This product may not be perfect now, but it has potential to be something that dominates it market quick...

As I recalled the iPhone 2G did have youtube..
    Last edited by chuckiecheese; 2010-01-28 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-01-28 01:54 AM
    Lol, looking at it now on Apple's site, it does look ok but I doubt I'll get it and even I did consider buying it, I'd want the 32/ 64GB with 3G version. That's enough for a MB on them Mac+free iPod student offers. Or find one new on eBay.
    I bet you'll buy one once you play with one

Doesn't that vid on Apple.com really sell you though
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2010-01-28 01:55 AM
    HD video?
    Last time iv checked that resilution isnt even sd...
    2010-01-28 01:57 AM
    I wonder what Apple thinks by reading this thread and many others now that they let it out?
    2010-01-28 01:59 AM
    I'm buyn 2 for sure.
    2010-01-28 02:01 AM
    I bet you'll buy one once you play with one

Doesn't that vid on Apple.com really sell you though
    The video on Apple has pushed me more towards getting one. I think I may sell the mb I have and get the iPad and a mac mini or iMac for my various needs.
    2010-01-28 02:02 AM
348 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD