The iPad has the magic for everything.

This is quite interesting. This is proving that the iPad is not really a gimmick.
    the iPad is still a gimmick, that solider in the pic is just the supply officer making sure everybody has there boots
    2010-08-01 04:49 AM
    Cool. I hope they doesn't run out of battery
    2010-08-01 04:51 AM
    The iPad has the magic for everything.

This is quite interesting. This is proving that the iPad is not really a gimmick.
    Well, I don't think this says as much about the ipad as it does about how beneficial technology can be in a classroom. Before, these guys were just parked in a chair while an instructor barked through hundred of power point slides.
    2010-08-01 05:20 AM
    Not necessarily, they could have uploaded it with the SDK. Besides, I don't know about you, but I haven't seen any artillery training apps on Cydia.
    2010-08-01 06:58 AM
    This is awesome Cant wait untill they bring it the US Army, I know there was an article published in the army times about using the Touch as a location based tool. I think in the long run it would save money like they said with printing and plus it would be a hell of a good time in training.
    2010-08-01 08:50 AM
    nice post ...It's good for British Army..
    2010-08-01 01:42 PM
    Does this means that the British Army is using jail broken iPads, or is this app available in the app store?
    2010-08-01 04:12 PM
    I do find this interesting. The U.S. Army is already working on implementing the iPad in our workforce. I don't think the iPad is a gimmick and at work, I could see a lot of useful scenarios in which it would increase productivity. The Army also just had a competition amongst soldiers and army civilians to come up with apps that could be used by us soldiers. I could even see this replace our Blue Force Tracker systems.
    2010-08-01 08:48 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD