After Apple’s recent iPhone lineup announcement, rumors are circulating the web claiming the Cupertino-based company is preparing the iPad Air 2 for an October launch. This report comes from the Commercial Times, even though there were other reports previously stating the same thing. Claims in the past regarding the iPad Air 2 claimed that the second event would be on October 21st, however, those claims were quickly denied. If for whatever reason these rumors are true, it will be a busy month for Apple as they are preparing the launch of OS X Yosemite next month as well.

The Commercial Times reported that the smaller iPad Mini would most likely not be released with the updated version of the iPad Air. The iPad Air 2 has been said to sport two times as much RAM as the first version, include Touch ID Sensor (to match the recent released iPhone 6 and 6 Plus), and is said to be much thinner than current models. We are all expecting a better quality camera as well for the upcoming iPad Air lineup.

Source: ctee.com

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-09-23 05:50 AM
    I'll Stick with my iPad Mini Second Gen
    2014-09-23 08:28 AM
    Still going strong with my iPad 3 (first with Retina display). It has been running pretty smoothly, even with the iOS8 update. Even the battery life is still holding up quite well. So I donít myself upgrading any time soon. At this point Iíll keep running it until it dies I guess.

The only reason I have a 5S right now is because subsidized cell phone plans force me to update or just give extra money to Verizon, but plan to fix that soon with a move to T-Mo.
    2014-09-23 11:12 PM
    Still going strong with my iPad 3 (first with Retina display). It has been running pretty smoothly, even with the iOS8 update. Even the battery life is still holding up quite well. So I donít myself upgrading any time soon. At this point Iíll keep running it until it dies I guess.

The only reason I have a 5S right now is because subsidized cell phone plans force me to update or just give extra money to Verizon, but plan to fix that soon with a move to T-Mo.
    Ipad 3 did not have retina display.. .get your eyes checked
    2014-09-24 02:12 AM
    So sorry I have enough of a life that I can't be bothered to remember the exact number, but I know it is the first to have Retina Display.
    2014-09-24 02:18 AM
    So sorry I have enough of a life that I can't be bothered to remember the exact number, but I know it is the first to have Retina Display.
    So sorry

I pulled out my ipad2 and it's me who needs a checkup

I swear never noticed the difference!
    2014-09-24 02:21 AM
    Huh? The iPad 3 absolutely had a Retina Display.
    2014-09-24 03:27 AM
    There were two iPad 3 releases. The first release had the normal display and the second release had Retina. Just like the first iPad 4 had normal charging port and the second iPad 4 had the Thunderbolt. I still have an iPad II I barely use..i'll stick with it..not broke, no need to fix it :]
    2014-09-24 02:25 PM
    Both iterations of the iPad 3 have retina display. I have the first iPad 3, it's got retina display. The second iteration that came out a few months later went from the old ipod data plug to the lightning port and it upgraded to the better processor and camera. My iPad 3 first iteration has been great but I'll probably sell it and upgrade to the iPad Air 2 when it comes out.
    2014-09-24 07:41 PM
    i got the ipad 3 and it has retina display
    2014-09-25 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD