User Tag List

Hello world,

I know that in the iphone's new firmware release they will be integrating "Push" email. Is this just for microsoft exchange support. Or will I be able to get web based email in a Push fashion as well. I.E. email.secureserver.net. Push email is a big deal for my small business, and it is not worth my money for a exchange server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    2008-05-21 11:51 PM
    So is it a big deal, or is it not worth your money? Confused
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-05-22 12:02 AM
    Push email is a big deal for me. But putting money into an exchange server is not worth my money, when I can get a blackberry, and cut out the problem. MY QUESTION IS will push email be supported on 3rd party email clients. Gmail, .mac, hotmail, and other web base emails.
    2008-05-22 12:07 AM
    So this involves iPhone software development how?
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage
    2008-05-22 10:19 PM
    Hello world,

I know that in the iphone's new firmware release they will be integrating "Push" email. Is this just for microsoft exchange support. Or will I be able to get web based email in a Push fashion as well. I.E. email.secureserver.net. Push email is a big deal for my small business, and it is not worth my money for a exchange server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Hey Dikemee (& the rest of the world interested in the hottest FW to hit iPhone);

I'm a member of the iPhone Development Program & am really excited about a lot of things coming with 2.0 real soon.

For starters, e-mail: 'PUSH' IS AVAILABLE for all protocols I've tested besides Gmail, which offers just Manual or Fetch. All others allow settings per address of any of the three.

I've attached a few screenshots for everyone to ooooh and aaaah over.
    Have fun
    Attached Thumbnails Push Email-2_0_settings.png   Push Email-2_0_fetchnewdata.png   Push Email-2_0pushperacct.png  
    2008-05-25 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD