I've been wanting to make my own apps for a long time now..I decided to look things up. From what I've gathered, you need a "toolchain" installed to be able to make apps. I downloaded the unofficial SDK, but I wasn't able to understand much out of it. Then I went to this other site, where I found another method, which I found comparatively simpler. Can a developer please tell me if this method is safe, and will work?

Here's the site: http://wiki.iphonegameover.com/Windo...n_Installation

Thanks...

Anyone?
    Last edited by aahandagr8; 2008-01-12 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-12 06:45 PM
    Yes, that is a great way to get started. Darken rules.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.
    2008-01-12 07:51 PM
    aahandagr8, I just followed that guide couple of days ago and all went great. I was able to compile the HelloWorld app, move it to the phone and run it.

Now I am looking for other sample apps that I could look at but no luck so far.

Can a developer please tell me if this method is safe, and will work?

Here's the site: http://wiki.iphonegameover.com/Windo...n_Installation
    2008-01-12 09:20 PM
    Depending on what you are try to accomplish, I would check out iApp-a-day from November, which has source code available for all the apps.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage
    2008-01-12 10:56 PM
    There are bunches and bunches of open source apps on Google Code and SourceForge. Go to the iPhone dev wiki and go to the open source article...there should be a decent size list.
    2008-01-12 10:56 PM
    So I presume that the method I had stated earlier is safe, and I should go for it?
    2008-01-13 07:03 AM
    Yes.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2008-01-13 05:30 PM
    2008-01-13 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD