My name is Danielle and I've spent the last couple of hours trying to get the toolchain installed and ready to go.

I was looking really good until the end when I got the following error:

../../../llvm-gcc-4.0-iphone/gcc/llvm-backend.cpp: In function ‘void llvm_initialize_backend()’
    ../../../llvm-gcc-4.0-iphone/gcc/llvm-backend.cpp:165: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token
    ../../../llvm-gcc-4.0-iphone/gcc/llvm-backend.cpp:167: error: ‘TME’ was not declared in this scope
    ../../../llvm-gcc-4.0-iphone/gcc/llvm-backend.cpp:181: error: ‘TME’ was not declared in this scope
    ../../../llvm-gcc-4.0-iphone/gcc/llvm-backend.cpp:191: error: ‘createBFS_DAGScheduler’ was not declared in this scope
    ../../../llvm-gcc-4.0-iphone/gcc/llvm-backend.cpp: In function ‘void llvm_asm_file_end()’:
    ../../../llvm-gcc-4.0-iphone/gcc/llvm-backend.cpp:483: error: no matching function for call to ‘llvm::PointerType::get(const llvm::IntegerType*&)’
    /var/root/llvm-svn/include/llvm/DerivedTypes.h:374: note: candidates are: static llvm::PointerType* llvm::PointerType::get(const llvm::Type*, unsigned int)
    ../../../llvm-gcc-4.0-iphone/gcc/llvm-backend.cpp:500: error: no matching function for call to ‘llvm::PointerType::get(const llvm::IntegerType*&)’
    /var/root/llvm-svn/include/llvm/DerivedTypes.h:374: note: candidates are: static llvm::PointerType* llvm::PointerType::get(const llvm::Type*, unsigned int)
    ../../../llvm-gcc-4.0-iphone/gcc/llvm-backend.cpp: In function ‘void AddAnnotateAttrsToGlobal(llvm::GlobalValue*, tree_node*)’:
    ../../../llvm-gcc-4.0-iphone/gcc/llvm-backend.cpp:718: error: no matching function for call to ‘llvm::PointerType::get(const llvm::IntegerType*&)’
    make[1]: *** [llvm-backend.o] Error 1
    make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

I am working with revision 46405 of llvm on a mac running os x version 10.5.2. I copied the files over from the iphone using scp. Any help or insight into where things may have gone wrong would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: I used the instructions from this site http://code.google.com/p/iphone-dev/wiki/Building

Thanks
    Danielle
    Last edited by yelliebird; 2008-02-14 at 10:42 PM. Reason: added more information
    2008-02-14 10:39 PM
    I'm not on a Mac, but I do seem to remember someone offering a precompiled binary for your OS...I also remember people having problems with compiling on the newest OS X version, and someone posted a solution somewhere...sorry if I can't be of more help.
    2008-02-19 06:06 PM
    Did you manage to get the toolchain working ?

Thanks
    2008-04-15 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD