...and now I don't know how to get rid of it! I followed the guide here and was able to get it to compile so hurrah and stuff, but now I'd like to get rid of the app I've installed. I looked in the /var/mobile/Applications folder through all the hashed folders but I definitely don't see my HelloWorld app.

Where is 'make install' installing it to?

Also, if anyone can recommend a current guide to setting up an development environment on ubuntu 8.04 I would be very appreciative. I spent most of the last 48 hours of my life trying to make this work and have given up. Compiling on the iTouch is do-able, but I'd like to be able to work with my code without maintaining an ssh connection. Much thanks to all.
    2009-03-06 03:32 AM
    well i think that they are in var/mobile/applications

but you can try the <root>/applications folder

are you using xcode?
    2009-03-06 03:34 AM
    cool, it was in /Applications with all the other open source apps from cydia, I hadn't realized they were stored in different spots. Thanks for the tip.

As best I understand it, programmers doing it the right way with the official sdk and all are coding with xcode, but all the open source stuff is done with objective c. I compiled the helloworld example from this tutorial and its output is the same as the other apps from cydia. The above tutorial is excellent for anyone who doesn't know what the hell they're doing but trying to get there. If it's not already stickied it should be.
    2009-03-06 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD