Pwnage Tool will create a custom firmware, not quickpwn. But custom firmware or not... iTunes won't downgrade you from 3.0.
    Whoops. Sorry. That's what I meant. lol.

Two people have said they got it to work in the other thread your posted in.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...2-1-3-0-a.html
    2009-03-19 04:04 AM
    i confirm that those steps work just doesnt downgrade ur modem firm,,but on AT&T at least; everything still functions fine.but on the thread . i love 3.0 ..compared to the 2.0 betas
    this one is way less buggy!!!
    Last edited by jedinight; 2009-03-19 at 04:12 AM.
    2009-03-19 04:10 AM
    Ya not a good idea to post links to your iPhone 3.0 beta. Its against the rules here and also them of the developer to post it or share it. Its useless unless you know a dev and are one of his 100 devices you register. DO NOT UPGRADE IT IF YOU ARE NOT A DEV. Its useless and you will not even activate your phone without having your UDID registered to a dev account.

Software is ok. Cool new user interface tweaks and looking forward to playing with the APIs that they added. The release is posted on Apple Dev as a development only release so I don't see why you would want to run it on your iPhone for no reason other than testing software or playing with the SDK.

Hopefully ATT will enable MMS for devs
    2009-03-19 04:45 AM
    I am a registered Apple Dev and I just want to correct some issues I have with the misinformation going around. First of all you CAN downgrade back to 2.2.1 easily. There are guides but all you need to do is restore to 2.2.1 in DFU mode in windows, then when itunes gives you an error message just press ok and reboot the phone (just a regular power off and power on). Then quickpwn 2.2.1 as normal. DONE. I have done this several times myself and it is confirmed.

Second you do NOT have to be a dev to be able to sync properly with 3.0 on a 3g online or offline with itunes. All you need to do is know a dev (like me) who will charge you $5 and add your UDID to their list of 100 devices. PLEASE NOTE: All I will do is add your UDID to my devices list and you will be able to sync. I will NOT send you even a single byte of data, so you have to already have obtained your own copy of the firmware by other means. have done this for several users and 100% of them have reported back the ability to use 3.0 exactly like I can and I am a legal Apple Registered developer. MODS/ADMINS: I will do this for you free of charge to prevent anyone from calling me a scammer or something like that. The first 3 (EDIT: ALL not just the 1st 3 ) staff memebers to PM me with their UDID (as long as at least one is an admin) will get a free UDID slot on my devices list and will be able to sync 3.0 with itunes properly. This way not only do I have a chance to show you that this method is real and not a scam, but I consider it a little gift to those of you running this site if you are interested. Enjoy it on me

Any questions just post here and I will give you answers based on what I have actually done many many times, not just something I read and started posting around the internet rumor mill.

Thanks and I hope this helps clear up some info. I just don't like seeing incorrect information out there.

EDIT: forgot to mention that each developer is allowed 100 devices total in the Apple Developer Portal. I have used a few, but there are plenty of them out there. If an ADMIN ONLY (sorry mods but this isn't for you ) could PM me I do have an offer. If its not PF then hopefully some other admin who thinks they have close to as much power as him will do :P

Thanks for reading. If you don't believe me and think I am scamming just wait until I give a staff member this great chance. I understand why people would be skeptical, but it is not a scam and I would greatly appreciate it if you could refrain from jumping the gun and calling me a scammer. That is why the offer is in place to the mods.

MORE INFO TO READ:

The UDID feature was created so you could distribute ADHOC apps to people who want to beta test for you. I am legally allowed to add whoever I want to my UDID list. Since I am not distributing any of Apple's material at all (remember I don't send you squat including and especially the firmware itself because thats illegal) this is legal. It is legal to charge and I have seen other devs charging $10 and up to add someone to their UDID.

When you downgrade your iphone 3g to 2.2.1 you will be on the 3.0 baseband (4.20) which I have used for a full day on 2.2.1 without any problems at all. THIS IS NOT FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK. There is currently no way to downgrade the baseband and you will need to wait to see when and IF they are able to unlock the 3.0 baseband. My money is on yes they will eventually, but if you need to unlock your 3g then DO NOT DO THIS because you will not be able to until they find a way and you will be SOL.

To summarize: If you don't need to unlock your 3g (AT&T Users) then you can upgrade your baseband and not worry about a thing. That's what I did.

IF YOU NEED TO UNLOCK YOUR 3G DO NOT UPGRADE TO 3.0 until the pwnage tool is released in the summer when the firmware will be released to the people who are not lucky enough to get their UDID's added before then.

I will be creating a thread with this info and posting it somewhere. I hope the mod's will take me up on my offer so people stop believing rumors that are very easily proven false.
    Last edited by darkrom; 2009-03-19 at 02:02 PM.
    2009-03-19 02:00 PM
    If any one want to be added to the develope list contact me in [email protected] and i will be willing to do it for you.

If any one want to be added to the developer list contact me in [email protected] and i will be willing to do it for you.
    Last edited by malikg; 2009-03-19 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-19 05:28 PM
    So far:

Bugs:

It took me a couple tries to sync music and video.

Safari often gets stuck in one orientation (portrait or landscape). Exiting and reentering fixes the problem.

When editing bookmarks, sometimes the keyboard pops up in such a way as to prevent modification of the bookmark's name.

Loss of systemwide sounds. Reboot fixes it.

iPod videos sometimes won't play. May be related to loss of sound.
    2009-03-19 06:12 PM
    i have had a few issues but i am in NO WAY sorry i am on 3.0 as the amount of times i have already used a great copy and paste has been worth it alone. i only miss a few jailbreak apps but not enough to go back.

3.0 beta is a nice upgrade and some things actually run better. i have noticed that my mail is much snappier and i run 3 email accounts on it and i have noticed this faster response on all 3.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"
    2009-03-20 04:06 AM
    MMS doesnt curently work but its just cause att iphone plans dont have the service
    2009-03-20 04:17 AM
    Wanna be added as a dev? Msg me I can do it ;-) as the usual rate that seems to be going around =)
    2009-03-20 04:24 AM
    Please answer these questions, anyone who knows the answers:

1. I have a friend who can add me to his dev account. If I were to get the 3.0 beta, would I be able to downgrade to 2.2 or 2.2.1? I was looking at the strategy right here: Downgrade 3.0 to 2.2.1, and I wanted to know if it really worked.

2. How would my friend go about adding me to his account?

3. Also, will most of the AppStore apps work with the 3.0 beta? This is a big deal to me.

4. Lastly, do you think (if I can't downgrade) that by the time 3.0 final comes out, I could upgrade? Or would I be stuck with the 3.0 beta forever?

The reason why I need to know all of this, is because I want to test the beta on my primary phone, because I don't have a test one.
    2009-03-20 05:30 AM
    Worked ok, annoying though because it would be buggy and slow. Downgraded to 2.2.1 and had this whole issue with not getting signal bars... now finally everything working. Obviously had to restore so my 3rd party apps are gone (for now). I used the beta for about 10 minutes. It's not worth updating now. Please take my advice if you are thinking of it, I saw posts like this and 'just wanted to try it' but you'll save a ton of work if you just stick with 2.2.1 for now. :P
    2009-03-20 05:35 AM
    to add tell you friend to go to the developers portal and devices then add device enter you UDID in it and you are set to go. yes you can downgrade it would give you a error but jailbreak and it will be fine.and apps work fine.
    2009-03-20 05:36 AM
    Please answer these questions, anyone who knows the answers:

1. I have a friend who can add me to his dev account. If I were to get the 3.0 beta, would I be able to downgrade to 2.2 or 2.2.1? I was looking at the strategy right here: Downgrade 3.0 to 2.2.1, and I wanted to know if it really worked.

2. How would my friend go about adding me to his account?

3. Also, will most of the AppStore apps work with the 3.0 beta? This is a big deal to me.

4. Lastly, do you think (if I can't downgrade) that by the time 3.0 final comes out, I could upgrade? Or would I be stuck with the 3.0 beta forever?

The reason why I need to know all of this, is because I want to test the beta on my primary phone, because I don't have a test one.
    1. You can, it took some effort but you can. Took 20 minutes because I had to (running os x 10.5.6) Install 2.2.1, it popped up with an error message, then make a new ipsw with Pwnagetool (make sure to have pwnagetool NOT ACTIVATE IT!!! [that caused the lack of signal for me] Then restore with the firmware pwnagetool created.

2. You click the serial number in your 'info' tab in itunes, it shows a long string of numbers and letters, hit ctrl-c to copy that. Send him that and he can add that to his list of approved devices.

3. I'm not sure, I'm hearing some will and some won't.

4. Yes, you always will be able to upgrade. Don't worry about being stuck with the beta in that sense.

IMO it's completely not worth it now.
    2009-03-20 05:41 AM
    1. Yes you can downgrade. Its tricky but you can go back to 2.2.1 except your baseband will still be at the newest one so you will not be able to unlock it.

2. Manage devices in the dev center. Add your iPhone's UDID.

3. They all work I have found. Only issue is that there is a few bugs in the 3.0 beta so you need to reboot daily if you use a lot of apps to get them to work.

4. You can always upgrade.

I'm removing this from my phone. It is a test release and should only be used for development but I am finding that using it normally is a pain due to a couple of reasons:

Pro's:
    Cool little call log tweaks
    Landscape SMS and Mail
    Copy and Paste

Con's:
    Needs to be rebooted daily due to stuck apps like SMS sending
    App Store apps now no longer work
    Calls drop after about 20 minutes
    Sound stops working after about 12 hours
    Last edited by boxxa; 2009-03-20 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-03-20 10:06 PM
    If I pay to be a developer, is there a iPhone OS3 available for 2G iPhones too?
    yes, but it will cost you $99... the best bet is to pay someone to join their dev list.
    2009-03-20 10:10 PM
    I just downloaded it now. It really isn't as buggy as most make it out to be. Some of the features don't work, but hey, it isn't perfect yet.
    2009-03-21 12:29 AM
    ^agreed, been using it all day and works great, no more laggy then 2.2.1 to me anyway! i love the new sms landscape! and emailing more than one pic is awesome! also all my apps are working and sync'n! only thing wrong with it is its themeless ;(
    2009-03-23 07:27 AM
    ^agreed, been using it all day and works great, no more laggy then 2.2.1 to me anyway! i love the new sms landscape! and emailing more than one pic is awesome! also all my apps are working and sync'n! only thing wrong with it is its themeless ;(
    Mine worked like that for a few days but it seemed to stop suddenly and caused nothing but problems with Apps and such.

I will try again when beta 2 is out.
    2009-03-23 04:39 PM
    I have also upgraded to 3.0 and have found it to run as smooth as 2.2.1 but missing themes and as I have a 2g iPhone am also missing the lack of stereo bluetooth and mms(although when sharing contact mms option comes up???)
    2009-03-23 06:40 PM
    Yep it does wk flawless for the first day or two..
    It is Gr8!!! Dnt get me wrong!! But i am just now noticing a little freezing with some of my apps, both 3rd party and native..
    but a simple exit and re-enter fixes it for me..
    But I can deal with the minor freezing its worth it for all of the new things I can finaly do!
    2009-03-23 07:11 PM
74 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD