Okay, so there have been very mixed reports, so I want to know if it's safe.

Some people report being able to update to 3.0 GM fine without being a dev (in fact, most of them). And they report the unlock sticks. But, most of them seem to be AT&T subscribers, and some of those who aren't get stuck at the activation screen.

I do NOT have AT&T. Based on what I've heard then, it won't work since I won't be able to activate. True/not true?

Oh, and throughout this I'm talking about for the 2G devices.

Thanks all!

Hmm...

Unlock Activate iPhone 2G on OS 3.0 7A341 (Final Release) from iPhone 2.x | Taranfx: Technology Blog

Anyone try this?
    Last edited by ksong12; 2009-06-14 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!
    2009-06-14 06:41 AM
    umm, mine worked fine
    pluged it in upgrade an synced all my apps over

and yes thay way you posted a s link will work, but its no good changing the computers time but going to settings, you will need to change it on start up (for windows you go through the bios settings) and i dont know about mac
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard
    2009-06-14 09:59 AM
    Umm, I notice your device info states that you have an iPhone 3G running 2.2 and an iPod Touch 1G running 3.0.

Doesn't help me as iPod Touches don't need to activate anyway.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!
    2009-06-15 02:51 AM
    Umm, I notice your device info states that you have an iPhone 3G running 2.2 and an iPod Touch 1G running 3.0.

Doesn't help me as iPod Touches don't need to activate anyway.
    no i just havnt updated it since sunday
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard
    2009-06-18 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD