User Tag List

Hello all,

I have an iphone app that I want to release in the iPad app store as well. I dont want it to have the doubler button at the bottom but be fitted for the ipad screen.. Is there a simple way of editing my existing app to fit the bigger screen?
    2010-07-16 07:28 PM
    Make an iPad app, copy and paste everything! LOL. Idk, but you could maybe try pasting the code, than resizing the junk and fixing he outlets in interface builda, but I'm a newb. On my, I did both at the same time.
    2010-07-19 04:13 AM
    in xcode project settings, under build
    in the deplyoment section is a 'Targeted Device Family' entry
    change that from iPhone to iPhone/iPad
    2010-07-21 10:30 AM
    First let me start off by saying Thank you!

Here's where my lack of skills come in to play.. When I made the changes under the build settings it worked slightly, but when I simulate on an ipad the images get scrunched into what appears to be dimension settings for the iphone.. Any idea where to change those to be detect the device instead of being set for something specfic?
    2010-07-22 07:20 PM
    You have to also change the size of each window...just cuz u made the build for iPad , all UIWindows are iPhone size , change those and u get full screen
    2010-07-22 07:23 PM
    Yeah, depends on how you wrote the app in the first place... if you've used absolute sizes like 320 x 480, then you'll have to go through and update everything.
    If you'd used code along the lines of:
    self.window = [[UIWindow alloc] initWithFrame:[[UIScreen mainScreen] bounds]];
    then you'd be plain sailing with everything working out automatically.
    2010-07-23 03:47 PM