Before I get started I am using a Jail Broken iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.1 though the below issue was also present under 4.0

Over roughly the past month I have noticed that there appears to be moderate to large amount of memory leakage occuring. This happens over a period of time(ie 1-12hrs) and will progressively worsen over time. The simple remedy is a respring, which I find myself doing multiple times daily. I do have a number of mobile substrates installed which obviously will impact RAM usage but this clearly seems to be a case of memory leakage, for example I just did a respring ten minutes ago as SBSettings was reporting only 73MB of free RAM with only 2 or 3 user tasks in the background(Phone, Safari, Mail). Under these circumstances, b4 it starts to leak, there's normally about 250-315MB of free memory. The obvious solution here is to SSH in and monitor top for a while to try to locate the source of the problem. I am curious to know however if a) there is a front end for top for iOS as it is basically useless in mobile terminal, also I am aware of Sysinfo but it seems to be erroneously reporting total memory usage on a process by process basis. b) is anyone else experiencing this issue c) please forgive my inadequate knowledge here but should the Mach kernel protect against memory leaks as it implements a protected memory management scheme?

TIA and as a sidenote while I love the MMi boards I find there to be to many subforums that tend to be confusing, unnecessary in some cases(some could be merged), difficult to traverse and disorganized in some instances so I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place but it seemed that technical discussion of this level would be appropriate on the dev subforum.
    2010-08-27 05:29 PM
    Hey o am having the exact sme issue, and really only been the last couple days, did you happen to find anything out? It is so frustrating there isn't much I can do on my phone right now. Is yours bringing up emergent call?
    2010-08-27 09:43 PM
    No not getting the emergency call screen, however I do have a MS extension crashing from time to time at respring but another respring usually does the trick and it doesn't necessarily happen when I'm trying from memory leakage so I'm guessing this is an unrelated issue... Been watching top since my OP but of course I haven't been able to replicate the problem so at this point I am still with out answers...
    2010-08-27 11:53 PM
    Try uninstalling recently added apps
    2010-09-01 01:19 AM
    I actually did that yesterday and your right it solved the problem. I went through the compatible apps list and had to take off a few things, all is well now. Thanks
    2010-09-01 01:23 AM
    yep mine does same thing , not to the same extent but drops to 150 and will not go back up even after closing all apps.
    not sure on the culprit.
    2010-09-08 02:49 PM
    help,

I have unjailbroken iphone 4 with 4.0.2 that seems to have little memory left seeing my "other" memory has been exceedingly large for some reason. what is the solution for this. if i restore my settings, will it just go to the original on the last "backup" that i did? what is causing this??
    2010-09-24 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD