Ok, so I was starting to believe good old wePhone *barf* because it was a day after I sent the email back. But, I still had hope because my dad said that even if it was real, she wouldn't call back until the week starts back up. So, today I'm on my way to this church meeting I had and on the way I get a phone call from a number that kinda looked like the number I had on the email that was sent to me. So, I'm freaking out trying to get my finger steady enough to answer the dang phone.

I answer it and sure enough a voice by the name of Phyllis Metzger is talking to me. She says (not word for word) "Hi. This is Phyllis Metzger with Apple, is the Lyndell?" I can not believe it from this point on.

I didn't have a lot of time to talk so we made it short. It was kind of an interview over the phone and kind of just a background check. Some of the questions asked were, "What's you job?", "Where did you work before that?", "Do you have a degree?", "How long have you been developing software?", "Are you interested in working in the software business?", Etc.

I think that most of my answers were good because she responded like I was saying all the right stuff. Until she got to the degree question. I decided not to lie about it so I said, "No, I do not.", then she replied back by saying, "Well are you interested in getting one?" And I said "Yes." Haha.

Just thought I'd let y'all know. Believe me or not, I don't care. Just thought wePhone would read this and even if he doesn't believe me, he'll always think, "What if he is telling the truth?"

I just wanted to end by saying that everything that you have read in the thread is 100% true and that there were even adult witnesses there that will say that it really happened.

Peace,

Swell

P.S. next time she calls I'm going to see if I can get my hands on firmware 2.0. So, if I do get it, you'll know were from. Even though, I doubt I can get it, at least not this soon.
    Last edited by swell; 2008-03-31 at 02:45 AM.
    2008-03-31 02:43 AM
    sweet! good for you buddy
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs
    2008-03-31 03:04 AM
    thanks man..I'm going to try and avoid the age question.haha. I forgot to say that she said, "So, what does 'Swell' do?" I almost laughed because she made it sound like I was 2 people. haha
    2008-03-31 03:06 AM
    I dont know man it sounds just seems to go to be true. But if it is I wish I was you.
    2008-03-31 03:07 AM
    I swear to you as a fellow iPhone owner (couldn't think of anything else) that it's true. Also you know how on the iPhone if you get a call from someone else thats not it your contacts you can see where the call was made from? Well this number said Campbell, CA. I looked that up and ran a route to the Apple headquarters and it was 17 minutes away. Also at the very end she said, "Well I'm just a recruiter, so I'm going to talk to the hiring division and get back to you."
    Last edited by swell; 2008-03-31 at 03:16 AM.
    2008-03-31 03:12 AM
    good job! what apps did you make again i forgot?
    Last edited by heath_rox; 2008-03-31 at 03:47 AM.
    2008-03-31 03:23 AM
    Some stuff with the SDK that hasn't been released.One is a shooter game.
    Last edited by swell; 2008-03-31 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-31 03:38 AM
    cool! FPS?
    2008-03-31 03:47 AM
    Yeah. Heres a description:

Ok, You know how in one of the Star Wars movies there was like a pod on the back of the ship thats a sphere and you shoot at the other ships? well its just like that. I'll send you a screenshot someday (it's at my dad's office).
    2008-03-31 03:51 AM
    cool. like the one that luke and han solo sit in when they blow up the death star
    2008-03-31 03:53 AM
    yeah. its going to be pretty freakin sweet. I just thought of a developer tool that i could port to the iphone. its the property list editor. i really need it for myself, so if nobody buys it ill still be ok.
    2008-03-31 03:56 AM
    have fun, dude. only thing i have to tell you is unless you're filling out official paper work don't give out your social security number (just in case it's fake, but I don't think it is).
    2008-03-31 03:59 AM
    have know idea what that is but have fun
    2008-03-31 04:00 AM
    well im not giving out any of my personal info until they get me down to cali. haha. thanks for lookin out. my dad told me the same thing. even if they asked it would take me a month to find that dang SS card. LOL

if you have the developer stuff installed its in the Developer/Applications/Utilities
    Last edited by swell; 2008-03-31 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-31 04:02 AM
    good job swell.although i dont think you'll go anywhere.if they hire you you'll be working from your home as developer.dunno exact term for that but ist sweet and i dont think you'll have problems with your age. if they will want you they can always manage to get to work with you no matter what even if their policies are not under 18...u can always sign your dad as a "person" who is doing the job... anyways i wish you a good luck and bring us more apps (if possible free ))) )
    Last edited by gavko; 2008-03-31 at 04:39 AM. Reason: typo
    2008-03-31 04:39 AM
    thanks man, yeah i was thinking about the whole home office thing.
    2008-03-31 04:47 AM
    If they ask you to fill out a background check, you'll practically be in at that point. Good luck!
    I came, I saw, I forgot what the hell I was there for.
    2008-03-31 05:02 AM
    Congrats Swell. Glad you shut up that blowhard, old whats his name. Let us know how it works out!
    2008-03-31 04:52 PM
    good for you!

i swear ur soo lucky, and y wouldnt u accept?
    ACCEPT, GOD DAMMIT! ACCEPT!
    lol but rly...
    getting paid for programming, even if just for fun?
    sounds SWEEEEEEEEEEET to me

anyway gd luck...
    2008-03-31 05:18 PM
    Nice!
    Im starting to learn Objective -C i remember when Apple contacted me about my iPhone story asking when to call, gave me my number and everything.
    Bastards never did call me...
    2008-03-31 10:58 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD