Just last Friday, September 12th, when the day pre-orders of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus began, many configurations of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 started slipping to 7-10 day shipping estimates. The 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus was well sold out, showing 3-4 week shipping estimates.

Monday morning, Apple's Web site is officially showing 7-10 business day shipping estimates for all configurations of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6; in other words, the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 is now officially sold out and more will need to be produced to meet up with demand. The 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus continues to display a shipping estimate of 3-4 weeks as of this writing.

Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are the company's most successful iPhones to date, shattering sales records the night pre-orders began, as both Apple and AT&T reported. The devices still haven't been officially released to the public yet, although they will beginning this coming Friday, September 19th.

If you're in the market for a new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, now is a great time to start ordering yours, before shipping times slip even more. If you've already pre-ordered your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, don't forget to take part in our polls! (1), (2).

Sources: Apple via iClarified
    2014-09-15 07:14 AM
    Nice! I'm pretty sure I'm on schedule to get mine on the 19th. I hope it doesn't slip - these next four days are going to be difficult enough.
    2014-09-15 01:33 PM
    Ordered 2 iphone 6 and should have them on the 19th.
    2014-09-15 02:27 PM
    I can't believe I could have waited till yesterday to order my iPhone 6 lol. But, with a whopping 18 total flavors of the phone, they must have had HUGE stockpiles.
    2014-09-15 04:18 PM
    I can't believe I could have waited till yesterday to order my iPhone 6 lol. But, with a whopping 18 total flavors of the phone, they must have had HUGE stockpiles.
    Yeah, I bet. I just wish the iPhone 6 Plus had these huge stockpiles.

I think Apple made the same mistake they made when they released the iPhone 5c. They stocked more "cheapos" than the better guy and caused more frustration for the customers. In the end, everyone ordered the iPhone 5s and Apple was stuck with a bunch of plastic shells.
    2014-09-15 05:24 PM
    Yeah, I bet. I just wish the iPhone 6 Plus had these huge stockpiles.

I think Apple made the same mistake they made when they released the iPhone 5c. They stocked more "cheapos" than the better guy and caused more frustration for the customers. In the end, everyone ordered the iPhone 5s and Apple was stuck with a bunch of plastic shells.
    Sure wish my 6 plus would be here Friday. They charged my card already but says November shipping.
    2014-09-15 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD