for some reason the app isn't showing up in installer, even with the i.danstaface.net repo. is it down?
    Once again, the repo is working perfect as of 30 seconds ago!!
    check spellings etc, and make sure the its i.danstaface.net and not I.danstaface.net

Also, using installer 3.1, select all packages, then type vwall & it should find it.

i repeat, i have just tested this 30 seconds ago from time of post
    do'h
    2008-05-13 04:22 PM
    well, i tried again and use the commands you gave to install the hook into springboard, still buggered lol.

As soon as i enable the vwallpaper and hit "restart springboard" it messes it up & needs a hard reset! then i just get apple on reboot lol

(ssh'd & fixed)

i wonder whats causing it though?
    I get that too. It also seems to 'forget' about the ringtones hook when that happens and you have to re-enable it.
    The only way I can get both to work is if I switch both off, re-enable the hook, restart, enable iToday then enable vWallpaper.
    This all seems a bit too buggy for me at the moment, so I'm leaving it be for now.
    btw, when you get stuck when enabling vWallpaper, just ssh and type reboot.
    Also, it's a good thing to check your /Library/Logs/AppleSupport/general.log every now & then. I had a ton of KERN errors from RSSDaemon (mobileRSS) and iBirthday. These KERN errors will slow down your phone (sluggish) and cause springboard freezes/resets. Uninstall the apps that give you those KERN errors.
    2008-05-13 05:02 PM
    I get that too. It also seems to 'forget' about the ringtones hook when that happens and you have to re-enable it.
    The only way I can get both to work is if I switch both off, re-enable the hook, restart, enable iToday then enable vWallpaper.
    This all seems a bit too buggy for me at the moment, so I'm leaving it be for now.
    btw, when you get stuck when enabling vWallpaper, just ssh and type reboot.
    Also, it's a good thing to check your /Library/Logs/AppleSupport/general.log every now & then. I had a ton of KERN errors from RSSDaemon (mobileRSS) and iBirthday. These KERN errors will slow down your phone (sluggish) and cause springboard freezes/resets. Uninstall the apps that give you those KERN errors.
    Thanks for the info, already checked tho, no kern errors (i dont have iBirthday or mobilerss)... nothing else seems to be causing probs, just the skrew 1.2.

When i had 1.0 installed everything was perfect

damn lol. slap hands for not backing up or storing a version of v1.0 skrew common zip lol
    do'h
    2008-05-13 05:16 PM
    Thanks for the info, already checked tho, no kern errors (i dont have iBirthday or mobilerss)... nothing else seems to be causing probs, just the skrew 1.2.

When i had 1.0 installed everything was perfect

damn lol. slap hands for not backing up or storing a version of v1.0 skrew common zip lol
    Haha, if you ask nicely and click the thanks button, I give it to you
    Here it is, I am about to go the same way and install it manualy.
    Attached Files
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.
    2008-05-13 05:24 PM
    blade i can ssh, but am a bit new to it. Could you give us more detail on how we could do what you are talking about? I can't find the directorys and want to make sure I do it correct. I use iphone browser..

Thanks,

Dave
    2008-05-13 05:32 PM
    Haha, if you ask nicely and click the thanks button, I give it to you
    Here it is, I am about to go the same way and install it manualy.
    What utter discusting bribery, how dare you attempt such cheap trickery to.....ah bollox, thanks lol

Seriously tho, cheers dude, ironically i norm do that, like when customize 1.13NM was out, i much prefered the NM version and saved the zip incase it got updated...i normally make a habbit of doing that...i was too busy or lazy however you see it lol...

school boy error really

Cheers tho iBlaze

actually, wait.............thats not version 1, thats just the zip from the website lol.......that i could of got, i need the original skrew common 1.0!

do a file compare they are the same!

UPDATE 2
    ========

I have found SkrewCommon 1.0 elsewhere & it will be available on my repo source in the next hour.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be aware, i will not provide any support for errors etc to do with this file!
    Last edited by jtanner; 2008-05-13 at 06:02 PM.
    do'h
    2008-05-13 05:35 PM
    Autsch, don't beat me jtanner :-)
    Aren't those the files we need to get vwallpaper running? Would you upload what you have found. I am looking again for it also.

blade i can ssh, but am a bit new to it. Could you give us more detail on how we could do what you are talking about? I can't find the directorys and want to make sure I do it correct. I use iphone browser..

Thanks,

Dave
    I would recommend to install it from installer, jtanner said he will upload it on his repo. This way you'll make sure the file go in the right place.
    Last edited by iBlade; 2008-05-13 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-13 06:13 PM
    Autsch, don't beat me jtanner :-)
    Aren't those the files we need to get vwallpaper running? Would you upload what you have found. I am looking again for it also.
    lol yes, but you uploaded the same version of skrewcommon as available from the repo! i need the older version because the hook library is different (obv its been updated) & my vwallpaper will not work with version 1.2

Anyway, version 1.0 is attached

peace out - a town

For those wishing to do it manually, here's what goes where.....only for the more advanced who know what each bit means. if you have to ask , then you shudnt be doing it lol

CopyPath
    SkrewCommon.app/skfixbin
    /bin/skfixbin

ExecNoError
    /bin/skfixbin

CopyPath
    SkrewCommon.app/ringtoneshook
    /usr/local/bin/ringtoneshook

CopyPath
    SkrewCommon.app/com.skrew.ringtones.plist
    /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.skrew.ringtones.plist<

CopyPath
    SkrewCommon.app/RingtonesHook.dylib
    /Library/RingtonesApp/RingtonesHook.dylib

Exec
    /usr/local/bin/ringtoneshook -install

Reboot
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jtanner; 2008-05-13 at 06:18 PM. Reason: cant double post lol
    do'h
    2008-05-13 06:14 PM
    jtanner you rock!!! got it running again THANK YOU!!!!!

still have no idea how skrewcommon could put out an update that stops the application from working??
    2008-05-13 06:28 PM
    jtanner you rock!!! got it running again THANK YOU!!!!!

still have no idea how skrewcommon could put out an update that stops the application from working??
    Next question is.... anyone got iToday working with skrewcommon 1.0??
    do'h
    2008-05-13 06:34 PM
    Ok people here is also a repo that has v 1.0 on it. Add the source http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml to your installer refresh and install skrewcommon 1.0 and volla it works.
    2008-05-13 06:38 PM
    Ok people here is also a repo that has v 1.0 on it. Add the source http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml to your installer refresh and install skrewcommon 1.0 and volla it works.
    Yep, just be carefull with this source, it doesnt use the normal "com.skrew.skrewcommon" so if you havent already got vwallpaper installed you would HAVE to install the version they are hosting.

if you attempt to install direct from skrew you will get an error saying the common package isnt installed even tho it is!!

id advise you to think twice about this ... unless ur more experienced
    do'h
    2008-05-13 06:44 PM
    Thanks for the info, I had vwallpaper 0.8 manually installed and then installed skrewcommon 1.0 from the source I mentioned and it works with no problems. I am on 1.1.3 btw. But you are right only experienced people should stuff like this, meaing mixing stuff like this. Otherwise I would also recommend to everybody to wait till skrew has this solved and install from his repo.
    2008-05-13 07:01 PM
    Thanks for the info, I had vwallpaper 0.8 manually installed and then installed skrewcommon 1.0 from the source I mentioned and it works with no problems. I am on 1.1.3 btw. But you are right only experienced people should stuff like this, meaing mixing stuff like this. Otherwise I would also recommend to everybody to wait till skrew has this solved and install from his repo.
    vwallpaper manually installed being the key there!!

my previous post wasnt directed at you by the way i was speaking in general!
    do'h
    2008-05-13 07:22 PM
    vwallpaper manually installed being the key there!!

my previous post wasnt directed at you by the way i was speaking in general!
    That's ok no problem. Have you seen this thread:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157321
    Now if people combine all this with vWallpaper, iToday, Kate and now this app I wonder what will happen.
    2008-05-13 07:49 PM
    I have SkrewCommon 1.2, vWallpaper 0.8 and iToday 0.1 all working as they should be on my 1.1.4 phone. I experienced the unresponsive icon problem as well. What I did was REBOOT the phone twice, and all of a sudden everything came to live.

Try it before you SSH in to kill off Skrew's great work.
    2008-05-13 07:54 PM
    That's ok no problem. Have you seen this thread:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157321
    Now if people combine all this with vWallpaper, iToday, Kate and now this app I wonder what will happen.
    Well, i had vwallpaper, kate & itoday installed with skrewcommon 1.0 however itoday did sweet fa :S altho i wonder if it requires something in the 1.2 release that my iphone refuses to accept (and allow vwallpaper to run at same time)

intelliscreen looks awesome! im gonna install it now
    do'h
    2008-05-13 07:57 PM
    This is good discussion - and I don't want to derail it - but, to follow up on Greenarcher's post, saying that he couldn't find the app anywhere on Installer - I am convinced that Comcast is blocking Skrew's web site/repo. I can NOT connect to it at all when using wifi, which uses my Comcast internet connection. But as soon as I force my iPhone to Edge, it comes up.

So - Greenarcher - are you on Comcast?

Edit - I just checked, and although Comcast was blocking things a few hours ago, it now appears to be opened through Comcast's isp.
    Last edited by tsatryan; 2008-05-13 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-13 08:18 PM
    Thks dude! Been cracking my head the whole day!
    2008-05-13 09:07 PM
    wow i guess i got lucky in not having any trouble with vWallpaper not working after update. I did notice someone saying like me that they had 2 versions of Skrewcommon installed, maybe that's the key?
    2008-05-13 09:10 PM
1,181 ... 36444546474856 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD