User Tag List

If you install both cydia and icy, your cydia would crash. (This happened to me.) You can solve this by not clicking on Icy, just on Cydia(and Unlock if needed)

I hope I could help

Kori
    2009-08-27 05:57 PM
    when i download the firmware 2g 3.0 firmaware to my desktop, i dont see the file i need when i browse from redsnow. its not finding the file at all. any suggestions, tony
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-08-27 at 08:50 PM.
    2009-08-27 08:46 PM
    ^Use Firefox to download.

Using XP or Vista. you need to open "My Computer"
    XP - go to the top menu and select options > Folder Options
    Vista - Top left button that says Organize > Folder and Search Options
    In that window you need to click the " VIEW " tab on top.
    NEED TO SELECT “SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS "
    Then unclick the option to " hide protected operating system files "
    Once that's done click "apply" then ok and exit out of the window.
    Then go to this dir
    users > "USERNAME" > appdata > roaming > apple computer > iTunes >
    and the folder holding the downloaded file will be there.
    smaller sig.png
    2009-08-27 08:49 PM
    thanx a lot devs
    2009-08-28 01:18 AM
    Hi all-

I am hoping you can confirm the steps to jailbreak my first generation iPhone running on 2.2 (via quickpwn) to 3.0.

I think I am clear about running RedSnOW because that process seems similar to Quickpwn.

What happens in the beginning? Do I need to download iTunes 8.2 and somehow install 3.0 on my phone? How does this work? If so, when that is done do I turn my phone off and then start RedSn0W?

Any detailed instructions would be very welcomed as I am not as sophisticated as many of you are with these hacks.

Thank you!
    2009-08-29 10:31 PM
    update to 8.2.1 or 8.2 and then update your phone to 3.0.1 or 3.0
    And the rest of it is just about following the directions redsn0w gives you.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-30 02:33 AM
    Download iTunes 8.21, connect your phone and select restore. This will wipe your phone and seti it up with FW3.01. Provided you synch all your contacts to itunes you can synch them, your music and your apps back afterwards. Do not restore from a backup made in FW2.2
    If you have apps from cydia you should buy Pkgbackup from the cydia store so you can get them back after the upgrade.
    You will need to download the 3.0 ipsw from Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - iPhone 2g 3.0
    and RedSn0w from Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - redsn0w Windows 0.8
    There are full detailed instructions at iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Windows) so you shouldn't have any problems but if you do we are here to help
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-08-30 09:30 AM
    Thanks Confucious!

I upgraded last night. However, I did use a backup made in 2.2 - none of the other directions I found mentioned this-ack!! Will this be a problem?

I also am noticing that the battery is being drained quickly. Is there anything I can do to help that?

I used the following tutorial on Youtube to upgrade my 1st Gen from 2.2 to 3.0:

2009-08-30 01:19 PM
    ^The draining battery is probably a result of you restoring from backup. Restore and set up as new.
    You can also check to see if turning Push off helps much.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-30 05:57 PM
    it can't be installed, something related to the EDGE PATH not found...

When I try to manually select a network,,
    RESTRICTED NETWORK
    Your selected cellular network is restricted. You can choose a different network setting!

The "cellular data network" is available with the one carrier I don't need!
    This won't come up with the other sim card I need to use!!
    why in gods name do u need apn when it network itself doesn't show up. don't waste ur time for apn, unless u get ur signal (proper unlocking) u cannot do a thing with apn. here is what u can try

download 3.0(not 3.0.1) official fw
    restore ur phone to the above with iTunes 8.2
    use the same Ipsw file to jaibreak and unlock it
    This will work like a charm. but if it doesn't. search for custom fw for 2g unlocked and jailbroken and restore ur phone to that ipsw using iTunes 8.2.

good luck
    2009-08-31 07:37 AM
    Thanks Angiepangie-

Just to make sure I understand your recommendation.

I need to reinstall 3.0 again and then restore the iPhone as a new phone and not from a backup?

Would upgrading to 3.0.1 help with the battery issue?

Turning off push has helped a lot but I am still at no battery power after a night's sleep which is not good.
    2009-09-01 03:21 AM
    Yup.. set up as new.
    You can update to 3.0.1 but you still need to set up as new afterward.
    2009-09-01 03:27 AM
    ^Use Firefox to download.

Using XP or Vista. you need to open "My Computer"
    XP - go to the top menu and select options > Folder Options
    Vista - Top left button that says Organize > Folder and Search Options
    In that window you need to click the " VIEW " tab on top.
    NEED TO SELECT “SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS "
    Then unclick the option to " hide protected operating system files "
    Once that's done click "apply" then ok and exit out of the window.
    Then go to this dir
    users > "USERNAME" > appdata > roaming > apple computer > iTunes >
    and the folder holding the downloaded file will be there.
    Thanx very much for your help. i have all the files to jailbreak. However the process stops at the second boot and hangs there. i have tried disconnecting the usb cable and reconnecting but still no luck, any tips?
    Tony
    2009-09-01 08:45 AM
    disconnecting and replugging from the computer or the phone?
    how about what device you're using and the full ipsw name?
    2009-09-01 09:06 AM
    i have unplugged from the device and the computer at diiferent times. the device is a iphone 2g, updated to ver 3.01. the full ipsw name is - iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore. using redsn0w 0.8, thanx

tony
    2009-09-01 09:44 AM
    Found your problem
    You're using the wrong ipsw. iPhone1,2 is for 3G phones.
    the 2G should use iPhone1,1

You can get the correct one here:
    iCommunity - Jailbreak information at a glance
    under IPHONE (make sure not the 3G or the 3GS) download the 3.0 one. Make sure it is iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore
    2009-09-01 09:48 AM
    hi, i got my iphone 2g unlocked with redsnow. howeerv, last night the screen went blank and the phone wont start. it does not show anything on the screen even after connecting it to the PC. iTunes even does not recognize the phone. I tried to restore it using itunes but i get the error 1601 every time i try it. can you help me here? thanks
    2009-09-01 10:38 AM
    Hi. I have 2G with 1.1.4 jailbroken and unlocked with ZiPhone. Can I upgrade it to 3.0 and redsnow to jailbreak and unlock or I need to upgrade to 2.x.x, or ...???? And how to not lose all the info is in it?? Is it enough to backup on 1.1.4 and after restore on 3.0.
    Thanks
    Last edited by GIM; 2009-09-01 at 02:40 PM.
    2009-09-01 02:13 PM
    Do a restore in iTunes to FW3.01 then use RedSn0w with the 3.0 ipsw to JB.
    Just synch all your music/contacts etc back from iTunes, do NOT restore from a backup.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-09-01 04:10 PM
    It worked amazing for me but I'm jailbreaking my friends ipod and it cannot get past "waiting for reboot" after the second stage completes!

What should i do?
    Unplug it?
    Let it stay in?
    I've never had this problem always worked great for me

it been stuck at waiting for reboot for like 7 minutes now
    please write back
    Last edited by Halo2kid49; 2009-09-01 at 10:29 PM.
    2009-09-01 10:26 PM
846 ... 21293031323341 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD