When it gets stuck at the waiting for reboot screen, unplug the cord from the computer and plug it right back in.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-02 08:10 AM
    Can i just say thank you for your write up and everyone else that helped, unbelievably easy and worked perfectly....
    2009-09-02 09:10 PM
    Thanks Angiepangie.

The restore as new worked. My battery has lasted almost 24 hours without need for a charge. I also turned Push off.

I did loose all my settings for various WiFi passwords, notes, and text messages by setting up as new. Is there a way to get this back on the phone?
    2009-09-03 05:04 AM
    I'm trying to redsn0w my i phone, but I can't find *.IPSW. It looks firmware downloaded file is *.zip . Do I need to unzip or ... ???
    2009-09-06 06:37 PM
    DO NOT UNZIP!
    Change the .zip extension to .ipsw.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-06 06:38 PM
    DO NOT UNZIP!
    Change the .zip extension to .ipsw.
    May be You can help me to do it on XP. How to change?
    2009-09-06 06:50 PM
    Let me google that for you
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-09-06 06:54 PM
    And one more thing. After redsn0wed I conected to iTune on my PC. Now have a questions : set up as a new phone or restore from backup....
    As I understud before it don't need to restore so what will be with datas I need to restore back to my phone (etc. phone book and...) One more thanks
    2009-09-06 07:36 PM
    New phone.

When you synch with iTunes anything synched to iTunes will be restored.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-09-06 07:38 PM
    And one more question. When I synced first after redsn0wing was a question about where to take calendar data to restore. I marked none, but now I think can be good to restore those datas from outlook express. May be is possible to remark and synch with calendar datas???? thanks
    2009-09-06 09:07 PM
    In your iPhone page in iTunes click on the info tab and scroll down to Calendars.
    2009-09-06 09:13 PM
    Thanks, but it is written no supported app can be found...
    Last edited by GIM; 2009-09-06 at 09:49 PM.
    2009-09-06 09:45 PM
    Hello I need some real help. I have a iphone 2G. I did everything to update my phone to 3.0 (itunes restore with latest ispw, then used redsnow). The first time that i finshed the jailbreak it didnt unlock my phone (yes i clicked unlock). I tried running again now it gets stuck on waiting for reboot and my iphone wont even turn on anymore. Only when i start the jailbreak does the phone turn on and only for a few secs. Did i just get bricked
    2009-09-06 10:20 PM
    You can synch you calendar with OE if you like - but don't you have proper Outlook?
    2009-09-06 11:25 PM
    Yes I have Outlook Express and hope all the calendar data is in it because I'd syncing when was on 1.x.x. But after upgrade I noted "none" to synch my calendar and now I have it empty. And photos looks is lost... Don't know why, but before I upgrade I had near 1 GB photos but after 0.... All other things works greet. Really perfect solution!!!
    Last edited by GIM; 2009-09-07 at 08:44 AM.
    2009-09-07 08:37 AM
    Calender data should be there - have you tried changing it?

You can synch photos from your computer but the camera roll isn't synched - you have to copy them to your computer, but presumably you've done that anyway so you can synch them back.
    2009-09-07 09:30 AM
    Calender data should be there - have you tried changing it?

You can synch photos from your computer but the camera roll isn't synched - you have to copy them to your computer, but presumably you've done that anyway so you can synch them back.
    As I wrote before, in first synching after upgrading was schedule about from where to take data for it. And near calendar was written OE, but I marked to "none". So now I have written "no supported calendar app can be found". Is it possible to change this profile back to OE???
    About photos was in 1.x.x . I think it is lost, because I haven't copied it to PC, just synched...
    2009-09-07 11:33 AM
    The process worked perfect, but only att sims are working any ideas?
    2009-09-08 08:59 AM
    Did you follow the instructions in the first post exactly? If so your phone (2G) will be unlocked.
    2009-09-08 09:34 AM
    yes, the whole process ran smooth and quick, no problems, the phone runs cydia perfect, but i tried to put in a corr sim card and the phone never registered anything still said no sim up top, i unlocked/jailbroken with no sim in phone does that matter.
    2009-09-08 04:53 PM
846 ... 22303132333442 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD