how do i download!!!!! i only get this start page, then i get a blogg, wtf is wrong!
    2009-10-11 07:26 PM
    I used this successfully on my Iphone 3GS with 3.1.2 and Windows 7 64-bit. I had a problem the first time after the jailbreak with installing Cydia but after the second time it worked perfect. I think the Cydia problem may have just been due to server traffic.
    2009-10-11 07:30 PM
    I think the amount of stupid erroneous questions flooding new JB threads is hilarious. Remember back in 2007 where it took more then a couple clicks of a mouse to JB an iPhone? Imagine these people then. Horrible "my phones bricked and Im a moron" posts all over again.

George Hotz FTW!
    I think I win for the most lame avatar
    2009-10-11 07:33 PM
    click on windows logo there
    2009-10-11 07:33 PM
    thank you so much!!!! i almost freakt out there xD
    2009-10-11 07:35 PM
    will this delete all apps, music, and photos in the phone??
    2009-10-11 07:35 PM
    Hey whats up.
    Each time I try to jailbreak my iPhone 3G (already on 3.1.2, also im on a Windows XP) it gets stuck at the "connect to iTunes" symbol. It doesn't go to GeoHots custom boot logo.
    Should I have iTunes open when I click "Make it ra1n"?
    Should I have put my iPhone in DFU mode or something?
    Please help,
    ~7
    2009-10-11 07:36 PM
    After using blackra1n for 3.1.2 are you able to use the tethering??
    2009-10-11 07:37 PM
    i was able to jb once, (against a system that didn't even have iTunes installed....had to of course install it) then I ran into an issue with cydia telling me that it cant tell what version it is....so i figured ok i'll again....no dice.

i have done everything that was done in my earlier post and for some reason or another it wont jb....on either xp or 7....any ideas?
    2009-10-11 07:41 PM
    will i be able to get that wifi tethering program with this?
    the free tethering hack is not working on 3.1.2 please take note folks if you want free tethering its not available on 3.1.2
    Using iphone 3G 16gb...vista 32 bit...and now on my 5th try to use blackrain.

I've tried everything listed so far and nothing seems to work. I've had to completely restore my phone a few times and then backup, etc...

It seems if I disable/turn off the apple services and bonjour, blackrain just sits at "waiting for phone" screen. If I keep that stuff enabled, it sends the phone into recovery mode and just sits there.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I got it to work...not sure how really. I ended up disabling all apple processes, etc...but then I turned them all back on while the phone was plugged in...then re-ran blackrain and it went through the process...weird.
    Last edited by skyhighrocks; 2009-10-11 at 08:15 PM.
    I think the amount of stupid erroneous questions flooding new JB threads is hilarious. Remember back in 2007 where it took more then a couple clicks of a mouse to JB an iPhone? Imagine these people then. Horrible "my phones bricked and Im a moron" posts all over again.

George Hotz FTW!
    i was just thinking that what would happen if they starting releasing jailbreaks old skool where ya had to use command line to put the files on and all that back in 1.x days lol
    Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
    John C. Dvorak
    The American columnist and broadcaster in article 'Rethinking the iPhone' in PC Magazine.
    2009-10-11 07:43 PM
    Hey whats up.
    Each time I try to jailbreak my iPhone 3G (already on 3.1.2, also im on a Windows XP) it gets stuck at the "connect to iTunes" symbol. It doesn't go to GeoHots custom boot logo.
    Should I have iTunes open when I click "Make it ra1n"?
    Should I have put my iPhone in DFU mode or something?
    Please help,
    ~7
    I was also ready to quit. It seems that it is not as straight forward for 3G iPhones. Had no luck with Win 7, but succeeded after a while with XP SP3(thanks to a combination of ideas by several posters)

1. Disable Bonjour Service
    2. Type msconfig and look under the startup tab for any iTunes startup items (ituneshelper or itunes) and untick them to disable them at startup
    3. Reboot the PC
    4. Check under task manager for any iTunes processes (there shouldnt be any) and if there are kill them
    5. Right click on Blackra1n.exe and choose runas. Select the bottom radio button (run as administrator) and type in your admin account credentials.

That worked for me, and believe me i tried everything!

Hope that helps.
    2009-10-11 07:47 PM
    Ughhh, I can't get sbsettings or five icon dock to work. Anyone else having this problem?

I'm on 3.1.2 3GS
    ^.... Exactly! People have it made now a days!
    I think I win for the most lame avatar
    yeh think my iphone is banjaxed. Trip to the apple store tomorrow after work me thinks! Lucky its still under warrenty. Anyone taken a jailbroken iphone to get repaired before? Anything been said?
    I suggest restoring it and making sure your carrier name hasn't been changed (or change it back) because that tends to stick around after a restore.
    2009-10-11 07:49 PM
    updated jailbroken 3.1 to 3.1.2 on 3g, then blackra!n. Stuck on "iPhone will be jailbroken when it reboots" Waited forever for reboot and gave up. Hard reboot, not jailbroken. Gonna try a restore to 3.1.2 and see.
    2009-10-11 07:49 PM
    (hope my question isn't stupid like the others)
    But does anyone know what to download to get your cracked apps back?
    It's called a Google search.
    2009-10-11 07:54 PM
    no, i believe it's called an inconclusive google search.
    2009-10-11 07:58 PM
    3.1.2 users, what baseband are you on? Is the 3.1 baseband the same as 3.1.2?
    2009-10-11 07:58 PM
1,308 ... 412131415162464 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD