Well, I got it working with Win 7 x64, iTunes 9.2 and an iPhone 4 with 4.0.1 (the PC was on a wired connection, iPhone on wireless) - it synced apps and songs but failed with the backup. As I said though, it the precoded to make the phone un-synable with the cable. The developer has never said it works properly with 4.0 so I'm happy to wait a few weeks while he looks at it. Support also seems pretty non-existent from the developer.

I assume you are using Wi-fi Sync 1.1? And just for the test, disable all firewalls and AV temporarily.
    2010-08-06 04:19 PM
    new user...

i get the backup issue error during syncing as well on the windows side...both iphone4 and ipodtouch3....have a 3gs that syncs fine on the mac...

anyone whose encountered it figure a workaround that still retains its ability to backup via wifi?
    2010-08-07 03:40 AM
    I bought this when it came out and it worked but is slow as he!!

The main reason I bought it was thinking it would be a lot faster!

I can do 3 usb to 1 of wireless!

My router is a Gigabyte Wireless N made by Cisco so do think it is my router!
    2010-08-07 04:41 AM
    I bought this when it came out and it worked but is slow as he!!

The main reason I bought it was thinking it would be a lot faster!

I can do 3 usb to 1 of wireless!

My router is a Gigabyte Wireless N made by Cisco so do think it is my router!
    What ever made you think that an 802.11g (54Mbps) would be faster than USB 2.0 (480Mbps)?
    There is no wireless standard in use today that is faster than a wired standard, and that's likely to be true for years to come.

The whole purpose of wifi-sync is convenience.

As an example:
    I use my iPad and when I'm done it sits on my fireplace in the dock (hypothetical since there are very, very few cases that let you use a dock and case at the same time). Before I walk away, I start the ifi-sync app and let it do its slow-boat syncing. If I'm in a hurry, I use the cable and the computer which is located in another room (not as convenient).
    2010-08-07 07:10 AM
    Ok sorry my bad!
    2010-08-07 09:41 AM
    So how is this on iPhone 4 with 4.0.1?
    I really want this app but do not want to jeopardize my phone.
    Thoughts? Thanks.
    iPhone 4 / 4.3.1 / redsn0w
    2010-08-09 08:17 AM
    is there still no uninstall for pc? I got thing thing runing in my background now.
    2010-08-10 12:35 AM
    Is there a PC program yet?
    2010-08-10 12:48 AM
    I just uninstalled it through Control Panel? I'm assuming that did it.
    2010-08-10 03:05 AM
    Be VERY careful when using this app... if you should need to restore, or upgrade firmware for whatever reason, you MUST uninstall the Mac app before doing so. If you don't, your restore/upgrade will hang at about 60% done and leave you stuck in restore mode.

Also, I believe this app may have been causing my FaceTime to stop working. I am not certain about that, but I am about 99% sure that this app was the culprit.
    2010-08-10 05:10 AM
    wifisync working 100% fine on pc and iphone 4 4.0.1 and itunes 9.0.61 but you must uninstall through control panel or stop service running in services before doing an itunes firmware upgrade or restore
    or it will fail around 60% no problems here with Facetime
    R.
    2010-08-10 05:19 AM
    If you have your phone set to automatically when connected, it will act the same way
    with this app.
    I cant seem to find anywhere on iTunes 9.2.1 (Mac) to set to auto sync - can anyone help please

It doesnt appear as an option under the Summary tab

WiFiSync runs fine manually but defeats the object somewhat.

SORTED - found the offending option under preferences eventually.

Working fine now
    Last edited by Hitone; 2010-08-10 at 08:00 PM.
    2010-08-10 06:54 PM
    yea the uninstall through the control panel worked its just scary when you ask it end the process and it closes and automaticly opens back up. I hate stuff running in my background.
    2010-08-10 10:03 PM
    using WiFi sync on iPhone 4 4.0.1 iTunes 9.2.1.5 windows 7 home. just did a backup and sync...100% working!
    2010-08-20 04:35 AM
    The programs seems to work, but the support (or complete lack of) from the dev is BULLSH........

When I went to uninstall it the uninstaller would not work and no matter how many times I emailed them with all the info I never got any help at ALL. I ended up having to crowbar it out with appzapper. (Mac)

Since we have to depend on each other to get this nasty embedded program fixed or uninstalled I'm going to take the next month to make sure I post a detailed writeup of fail on about 400 search engine sites.

When my fail review shows up in search before the app maybe someone will listen when support is asked for.

Last edited by one1; 2010-08-20 at 04:44 AM.
    2010-08-20 04:41 AM
    I'd be interested in knowing how many copies of this were sold... @ $9.99 a pop, he didn't do too bad compared to some of the more polished apps which sell for far less (AutoSilent for $3, iFile for $4, just to name a few).
    Even outrageously expensive apps (MyWi @$20!) can be justified by how they can save you money (no need for an iPad with 3G, and I'm my own hotspot). But the more I think about this app, the more I feel like I've been ripped off.

UPDATE: I've just downloaded and tried it again on my iPhone 4 and it does seem to sync faster so I think the performance is also a function of CPU speed (iPhone 4 is faster than 3GS) but it usually took a few uses before I started noticing flakiness. I'll see if things work better over time... On a related note, how do you like that free file hosting service he's using: if that doesn't make you feel like you are downloading some kind of malware, I don't know what does.
    2010-08-20 06:37 AM
    This app suck... and support is totally nonexistent.
    It worked for a couple of syncs and after that it started to mess with my WiFi connection on my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with 4.0.1
    After uninstalling WiFi came back to normal and had to uninstall Mac app as well.
    Sent an e-mail to the developer and no response has arrived. It's been well over a month.
    Buyers, be ware:
    NO Support
    MAY create problems with WiFi
    NO refunds possible.
    I just got robbed... guess there's a reason Apple's so picky with which apps they allow into the AppStore.
    2010-08-24 04:11 PM
    using WiFi sync on iPhone 4 4.0.1 iTunes 9.2.1.5 windows 7 home. just did a backup and sync...100% working!
    How did you get backup to work on Win7( I have 64bit and it does not work)
    2010-08-24 08:06 PM
    I have the same specs and I also can't get it to work. I get an error at the end of the sync that it disconnected. Sent a note for support, no response.
    2010-08-26 10:10 PM
    This app makes updating and restoring hang. It wasn't worth the hassle of being stuck in restore mode.
    2010-08-26 10:19 PM
264 ... 21011121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD