i bought a copy and it connects, but is stuck at "ready to sync" screen on my iphone. i'm in range of my macbook with snow leopard with the wifi sync recognizing my phone. how do i start a sync with my phone??? or do i have to change a setting on my macbook?

Shouldn't it go through the "syncing motions" whenever i want it to?
    Last edited by bigorangekitty; 2010-05-15 at 05:41 AM.
    2010-05-15 05:12 AM
    I guess it would be cool if my laptop had no USb ports, i don't get why someone would use this. unless my iPhone was forty feet from my computer and didn't want to go get it.
    2010-05-15 05:19 AM
    I think it wouldn't be bad for podcasts. I mean if you wanted to sync the lastest podcast as your walking out the door getting ready for work or something.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-05-15 05:23 AM
    Its Great, works fine with my 3GS
    2010-05-15 05:55 AM
    ^^^^ I had to check "automatically sync with iTunes when connected" ...now it automatically syncs.
    2010-05-15 06:09 AM
    Is there a way to quit the application on Mac? I only want it running when I'm wirelessly syncing.
    2010-05-15 06:23 AM
    I'd like to have my phone auto-sync when I enter the wifi zone without my input...is this possible with this app or do you have to open it and hit "sync" ??? 2 reasons I'd like this...1) I usually plop my iphone in a dock charger near my front door when I get in and don't usually hook it up to my computer. 2) my iPad is usually connected to the 10w charger and not my computer.

along the same idea is there something like Salling Clicker in Cydia?
    Last edited by fanboy; 2010-05-15 at 06:32 AM.
    2010-05-15 06:26 AM
    Is there a way to quit the application on Mac? I only want it running when I'm wirelessly syncing.
    Then what would be the need for the app? I mean you will have to go to your computer to turn on the application to sync anyway. Just curious.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-05-15 06:39 AM
    @iphowned
    you can use iTeleport to close the app wirelessly

@everyone
    does this send personal data to the dev? i heard it did
    i twittered him but havent got a reply yet
    2010-05-15 07:25 AM
    The DRM wipes your phone and all iTunes backups Nice!
    Granted it was just a scare tactic, but I wouldn't look highly upon counteracting one illegal act by committing an even more serious offense.
    2010-05-15 09:15 AM
    Its funny because apple actually has this thing called a kill-switch where if they think your being a pirate they can wipe all your apps and they dont care one way or the other of the legitimacy of it. Of course for those that dont want to wrongly get kill-switched by apple you can just go into sbsettings under more -> options then turn off the killswitch. Good thing the dev realised that stooping down to apples level doesnt get rid of pirates... It just gets the legit people all the more reason to hate the big red fruit
    2010-05-15 09:36 AM
    I'm glad the dev cleared this up about the remote wipe. While I support his wanting to protect his product, I think a remote wipe would make him just as bad as a pirate. At worse, disable the app. Thanks for clearing up the rumor.
    2010-05-15 09:52 AM
    Its funny because apple actually has this thing called a kill-switch where if they think your being a pirate they can wipe all your apps and they dont care one way or the other of the legitimacy of it. Of course for those that dont want to wrongly get kill-switched by apple you can just go into sbsettings under more -> options then turn off the killswitch. Good thing the dev realised that stooping down to apples level doesnt get rid of pirates... It just gets the legit people all the more reason to hate the big red fruit
    doesnt the kill switch only delete the one app if you have it installed, not the whole device?
    2010-05-15 10:01 AM
    Its funny because apple actually has this thing called a kill-switch where if they think your being a pirate they can wipe all your apps and they dont care one way or the other of the legitimacy of it. Of course for those that don't want to wrongly get kill-switched by apple you can just go into sbsettings under more -> options then turn off the kill-switch. Good thing the dev realised that stooping down to apples level doesn't get rid of pirates... It just gets the legit people all the more reason to hate the big red fruit
    My understanding of their kill-switch is that it deletes a specific app or apps, rather than wiping your phone clean. That being said, there's a bit of a difference in Apple deleting a program off of your leased iPhone (at least in terms of software it's leased) that was purchased in Apple's own Appstore, and them (or in this case a dev) wiping your iPhone (and more importantly in terms of legality and privacy concerns wipe your home computer) of personal data and things purchased outside of Apple's domain. Reminds me, to a lesser extent however, of good old Sony's rookit.

Keep in mind, I'm in no way shape or form condoning piracy, I just disapprove of scare tactics that promote further illegal acts.
    Last edited by mortopher; 2010-05-15 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Did not feel like getting into a semantics debate.
    2010-05-15 10:04 AM
    but iphoto doesn't detect a wireless iphone as in itunes, so pictures taken on the iphone can still only be imported via cable
    2010-05-15 03:59 PM
    This is a cool concept, but there are a few reasons why its just not worst the money. First there is no way its faster than USB... the dev even said so. you cant get your photos off of your phone with it. The phone is on wifi the entire time your doing it.... so your probably in your house.... so your battery is draining, which would be remedied by simply plugging your phone in via usb to do the sync. Not to mention the fact that I sync my phone about once a month if that, so $10 for the novelty of wifi sync just isn't worth it to me when the usb cord comes free with the phone.( not to mention the fact that i have like 20 of them)
    2010-05-15 07:14 PM
    I installed wi-fi sync on my phone and the computer, and it will not pair.
    The iphone app keeps saying searching for computer but never finds the computer!!

Any ideas!!!????

PLEASE......

ok, nevermind....genius me had my firewall setting too high!!!!

LOL oops
    Last edited by MC1233; 2010-05-15 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Update
    2010-05-15 09:05 PM
    for the whiners who can't stomach $10 - You are the reason the dev has to charge $10. If he said $5 you'd say it should be $2, if he said $2, you'd say it should be free. When the app must survive on the fringe of the iphone ecosystem a dev can't rely on sheer numbers to recoup the investment. I can't wait for the windows client so I can support the dev and do my small part to encourage dev's to turn to Cydia/Rock rather than dumb down their apps to get into the app store.
    at last somebody discovers the human's flaw
    If you can see this you are one of the many people who can see this.
    2010-05-15 09:44 PM
    Well, I just installed wifi sync on my iPad, and it worked just fine. Went to cydia, did a search and installed it.synced my iPad no problems.
    2010-05-15 10:03 PM
    My office is on 2nd floor and if I am playing pool in the basement and sync all I have to do is plug in the charger while it syncs wirelessly.
    2010-05-16 02:14 AM
264 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.