Wow, you guys use a lot of data..

I do alot on my EDGE phone, and since I've gotten it (Back in December), I've used a total of 2GB.

Just checking email, light browsing, FML, Facebook and a couple other apps..
    2010-06-02 11:47 PM
    So if you renew your contract for the upcoming iPhone do you still get to keep the unlimited plan?

The thing that I think ruined it is idiots doing 10+ gigs a month tethering their phones thinking there would be zero ramifications.

...2GB?!?!

Looks like im switching to Verizon, they probably will have a 5GB limit.
    I actually think what ATT is doing NOW is a direct comparison to Verizon's current plans.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2010-06-02 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2010-06-02 11:51 PM
    Wow WTF do you guys do to get such high usage? The max I had ever used was roughly over 5gb. Do you even have ISP for your home or is it through your phone???
    I download a lot of movies so that's the big thing there, but then there's tethering to my iPad for netflix , well...tethering period to my iPad lol...some occasional tethering to my MBP but yea...no ISP at home yet
    2010-06-02 11:53 PM
    well last month i had 23gb on the iphone i paid $115 now ill have to pay ~$300 FML and Fk AT&T, im switching to verizon or sprint if theyll do it!!!!
    2010-06-02 11:55 PM
    Well I will no longer be buying an ipad 3g...
    My toys:
    IPhone 4 16gb
    IPad 16gb
    White MacBook
    Yamaha R6
    BMW M3
    2010-06-02 11:56 PM
    So if you renew your contract for the upcoming iPhone do you still get to keep the unlimited plan?

The thing that I think ruined it is idiots doing 10+ gigs a month tethering their phones thinking there would be zero ramifications.

I actually think what ATT is doing NOW is a direct comparison to Verizon's current plans.
    I'm not an idiot at 21gb a month I just download toooooo many movies. And that's without jail breaking..I think 85 percent of my 21gb month is just movies and the rest is tethering
    2010-06-02 11:56 PM
    well last month i had 23gb on the iphone i paid $115 now ill have to pay ~$300 FML and Fk AT&T, im switching to verizon or sprint if theyll do it!!!!
    why would you have to pay more now? This change only effects new customers. nothing has changed if you already have unlimited data you get to keep it.
    2010-06-03 12:01 AM
    For those who are thinking about leaving...LEAVE!! Lol and since I assume your already an AT&T customer, I don't understand why you would consider leaving since it doesn't affect you.

I'm sorry, but I think some people here are idiots.
    I'm sorry, but I KNOW some people here are idiots.
    2010-06-03 12:03 AM
    Roller over data?
    2010-06-03 12:04 AM
    I'm not an idiot at 21gb a month I just download toooooo many movies. And that's without jail breaking..I think 85 percent of my 21gb month is just movies and the rest is tethering
    WTF are you talking about? If you're tethering you're either jailbroken or not in the United States (in which case this doesn't apply to you). Which is it?
    2010-06-03 12:04 AM
    How will this affect ipad users? We pay 30 for unlimited, and its month to month, so now we have to pay $25.00 for 2gb is that how it works now?
    2010-06-03 12:05 AM
    Where are you getting said movies? Frankly thinking 21gb a month will fly and not bog down the network is a pretty idiotic move IMO. Sorry to say...

On a side note if I ever want to sell my contract it would be worth a pretty penny
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2010-06-03 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2010-06-03 12:11 AM
    WTF are you talking about? If you're tethering you're either jailbroken or not in the United States (in which case this doesn't apply to you). Which is it?
    Is this relevant ? Obviously I'm jail broken but what i meant to say is that i watch a lot of movies and it's not from my JBroken apps like MyWi.....and to my understanding you don't need to be jail broken to tether....moving on from your state of confusion,

@ sziklassy, Att tells me $30 a month for unlimited , then ima use it till it's guts spill....all day downloading ...as the word implies unlimited...now the tethering part I kno is not in the contract but like i said, I use only about 1gb for tethering...
    2010-06-03 12:26 AM
    My fiancee doesn't use much. Neither do I for that matter. I go from .5gb to 1.2gb. I think I'll just keep my plan though.
    Attached Thumbnails No more unlimited data plans for new AT&T customers-chart04.png   No more unlimited data plans for new AT&T customers-chart05.png  
    2010-06-03 12:28 AM
    that's my monthly usage
    2010-06-03 12:42 AM
    This is a non issue for me.

2010-06-03 12:45 AM
    Is adding a new line to a family plan the same thing as being a new customer?
    2010-06-03 12:51 AM
    Sure is
    2010-06-03 01:13 AM
    VERY dumb.. They really are making a mistake, what about the younger group of people who use the iPhone, who would use data 24/7, you know it happens.. They need to keep the unlimited plan and also offer the other options!
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB
    2010-06-03 01:29 AM
    so now att is really dead in the water...
    2010-06-03 01:30 AM
246 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD